Cinnamon Frosting is the perfect addition to desserts and treats for fall. It’s light and fluffy, beautiful, and full of fall and winter flavor! Made with four simple ingredients, this frosting comes together quickly and easily.
This easy Cinnamon Frosting pairs well with my Cinnamon Sugar Cookies, cakes, cookies, cookie cakes, cinnamon rolls (why not) and more! It’s the perfect compliment to anything pumpkin, apple, spice or carrot! It’s also amazing with coffee or espresso!
It’s light, fluffy, and flavorful. The cinnamon adds a nice flavor for fall and winter and the most beautiful hue!
There’s nothing quite like a melt-in-your-mouth buttercream frosting. It enhances all kinds of baked goods. With just a hint of cinnamon, it’s not overpowering!
Cinnamon adds a warm rich flavor that’s irresistible! It’s especially delicious in fall and winter.
Cinnamon Frosting Ingredients
- Butter – Unsalted butter is preferred, but salted works as well. Both will create a creamy and fluffy frosting. It’s best that it is softened before you mix it, this way it combines more easily.
- Powdered Sugar – Also known as confectioners sugar. This sugar is very fine and helps to create a wonderfully smooth frosting.
- Ground Cinnamon – Check that your cinnamon is still fresh by rubbing a little between your fingers; if it’s fresh it will release it’s aroma, if not, time to buy some more!
How to Make Cinnamon Frosting
It only takes five minutes to make a batch of this delicious frosting!
- Beat butter and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Add milk and beat until smooth.
- Blend in cinnamon to taste.
You can make a batch of this frosting up to 3 days ahead of time.
Simply transfer it to an airtight container and keep it in the fridge until you are ready to use it. Before use, bring it to room temperature and give it a quick whisk.
Tips to Make Cinnamon Frosting
- Bring butter to room temperature if at all possible. Otherwise you can soften it in a microwave, watching carefully so it doesn’t melt.
- Use frosting at room temperature. If you have made it ahead of time, take it out of the fridge 30 minutes before using it.
- I used 1/2 tsp + 1/8 tsp cinnamon, but you can adjust these amounts to suit your taste.
- It’s quickest and easiest to make this frosting with a stand mixer, but you can mix it by hand, just ensure that everything is well combined.
More Cinnamon Dessert Recipes
- Cinnamon Pound Cake
- Cinnamon Apple Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe
- Cinnamon Roll Bread Recipe
- Apple Cinnamon Rolls with Apple Cider Icing
- Meltaway Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
- Baked Apple Slices
More Easy Frosting Recipes
If you try this cinnamon frosting recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too!
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/2 + 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine butter and powdered sugar.
- Blend in milk until smooth.
- Add cinnamon to taste.