Add this two-ingredient Apple Glaze to everything for a taste of fall you can’t resist! Apple Cider Glaze is the perfect topping for breads, cookies, pastries and so much more!
Table of Contents
Add Apple Glaze to Everything
If you’re wondering where you can use this glaze, I think you should ask yourself a different question. How about “where can’t I use this apple glaze?” In my opinion, there are very few things that an apple cider glaze can’t do.
In my ongoing search of all the flavors of fall, I have realized that adding just a hint of apple flavor can give a little tangy sweetness to anything. This simple glaze with a hint of apple flavor is no exception. Often, my problem is simply knowing how easy this is to whip up- I want to add it to everything! Nothing will be left untouched by a delicious little glaze in this kitchen!
Ingredients for Apple Cider Glaze
Two ingredients. That’s all you’ll need to whip up this incredible glaze that you can drizzle over all.the.things!
- Apple Cider – Can you go out and buy a locally produced apple cider while you’re out picking apples with the family? Absolutely, and I encourage you to do just that! However, the grocery store apple cider will work just fine here. You can replace the apple cider with apple juice, for a less prominent flavor.
- Powdered Sugar- This is a finely ground sugar that is made by grinding granulated sugar into a powder. It usually contains an anti-caking property to prevent clumping, which makes it ideal for frostings, icings, and glazes of all kinds. You can make your own by pulsing sugar in a food processor until light and fluffy. Note: do not use organic powdered sugar as it doesn’t dissolve well.
How to Make Apple Glaze
Are you ready? Because I am! I wish I had some more of this apple cider glaze right now! You can make this frosting in an electric mixer or stir by hand, it’s up to you!
- Combine – In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar and apple cider.
- Mix Until Desired Consistency is Reached – Mix until lumps disappear. You can add more cider at the end if you’d like your glaze to be a touch thinner- the consistency is completely up to you!
Ways to Use Apple Cider Glaze
Again… ask yourself where you can’t use this glaze! I can think of so many fun ideas!
- Apple Pie Spice Cookies
- Apple Cider Donut Holes
- Apple Cobber Muffins
- Apple Bread
- Apple Pound Cake
- Skinny Apple Tart
Wherever you decide to use it, I hope you’ll come back and share the results with me! I’d love for you to leave a review or comment – I love hearing from you!
Hungry for more easy recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club and have amazing recipes delivered directly to your inbox each week!
More Apple Recipes
- 3 tablespoons apple cider
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar and apple cider.
- Mix until lumps disappear- no more than two minutes.
- You can mix this glaze by hand, whisking in a medium bowl- or you can mix it in your electric mixer!
- Add a little extra apple cider if you’d like to thin the glaze out a little.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.
Leave a Comment