Add this two-ingredient Apple Glaze to everything for a taste of fall you can’t resist! Apple Cider Glaze is the perfect topping for breads, cookies, pastries and so much more!
Add Apple Glaze to Everything
If you’re wondering where you can use this glaze, I think you should ask yourself a different question. How about “where can’t I use this apple glaze?” In my opinion, there are very few things that an apple cider glaze can’t do.
In my ongoing search of all the flavors of fall, I have realized that adding just a hint of apple flavor can give a little tangy sweetness to anything. This simple glaze with a hint of apple flavor is no exception. Often, my problem is simply knowing how easy this is to whip up- I want to add it to everything! Nothing will be left untouched by a delicious little glaze in this kitchen!
Ingredients for Apple Cider Glaze
Two ingredients. That’s all you’ll need to whip up this incredible glaze that you can drizzle over all.the.things!
- Apple cider- Can you go out and buy a locally produced apple cider while you’re out picking apples with the family? Absolutely, and I encourage you to do just that! However, the grocery store apple cider will work just fine here.
- Powdered sugar- This is a finely ground sugar that is made by grinding granulated sugar into a powder. It usually contains an anti-caking property to prevent clumping, which makes it ideal for frostings, icings, and glazes of all kinds.
You can replace the apple cider with apple juice, but the flavor won’t be as prominent.
How to Make This Apple Glaze
Are you ready? Because I am! I wish I had some more of this apple cider glaze right now! You can make this frosting in an electric mixer or stir by hand, it’s up to you!
- In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar and apple cider.
- Mix until lumps disappear. You can add more cider at the end if you’d like your glaze to be a touch thinner- the consistency is completely up to you!
Where to Use This Apple Cider Glaze
Again… ask yourself where you can’t use this glaze! I can think of so many fun ideas!
- Apple Pie Spice Cookies– you need these cookies in your life. Trust me!
- Apple Cider Donut Holes– throwing this apple cider glaze on these is the ultimate indulgence!
- Apple Cobber Muffins– yes, what a perfect addition to these muffins.
- Apple Cinnamon Bread– I love adding a buttery icing to my apple pound cake, so why not add a lighter apple cider glaze to this apple quick bread?
Love Apple Everything? Try these ideas
- Baked Apple Slices
- Apple Pound Cake
- Skinny Apple Tart
- Apple Butter Ice Cream
- Frosted Apple Sugar Cookies
Where do you think you’ll use this incredible apple cider glaze? If you can’t decide, my vote is an apple quick bread. Wait- maybe cookies! Okay, donuts…
Wherever you decide to use it, I hope you’ll come back and share the results with me! I’d love for you to leave a review or comment- I love hearing from you!
Add this two-ingredient Apple Glaze to everything for a taste of fall you can't resist! Apple Cider Glaze is the perfect topping for breads, cookies, pancakes and so much more!
- 3 Tbsp apple cider
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar and apple cider.
Mix until lumps disappear- no more than two minutes.
- You can mix this glaze by hand, whisking in a medium bowl- or you can mix it in your electric mixer!
- Add a little extra apple cider if you'd like to thin the glaze out a little.