Beau Monde seasoning is a classic blend of spices that gives every dish a distinctive, vibrant edge. With fragrant notes of celery and onion, there are so many Beau Monde seasoning uses!
Learn how to make your own Beau Monde seasoning blend, saving you time and money in the kitchen. It’s a fun, unique mix of flavors that everyone can enjoy!
Beau Monde means “the world of high society and fashion”. This seasoning salt blend, developed by Spice Islands, elevates the flavor of your favorite dips and dishes!
It is a savory and salty spice blend that enhances all the other flavors of entrees and appetizers like meats, soups, dips and more.
This is a savory, salty seasoning mix through and through. What makes it so unique? The sweet and salty balance with the herbal notes of the celery and onion combine for a seasoned salt that enhances so many dishes.
The flavors of celery and onion make it a beautiful blend for many of your favorite entrees, side dishes and appetizers. Add it to breads, fish, chicken, beef, and more!
Why You’ll Love this Beau Monde Seasoning
- Adds incredible flavor
- Quick substitution
- Save money
- No unknown fillers or ingredients
- Great to have on hand
To be honest, I never knew about the deliciousness of Beau Monde seasoning until I realized it was in my family’s dill dip recipe – which I adore! Once I discovered how much flavor it added, I realized we could do so much more with it.
Recipes to Use Beau Monde
What’s In Beau Monde?
Spice Island lists ingredients salt, dextrose (sugar), onion, celery seed and silicon dioxide. We use a simple blend of the following…
- Salt – A simple table salt works well.
- White Granulated Sugar – The sweetness of the added sugar in this blend is what makes it so unique.
- Onion Powder – The onion powder and celery combine for a vibrant combination here!
- Celery Seed – As you can see below, you can also sub the salt and celery seed in this blend for celery salt, instead.
Note: Many copycat recipes for Beau Monde seasoning blends mention nutmeg and cinnamon. There’s no notes of either in the original Spice Islands blend, and they aren’t listed in the ingredients.
I tested this spice blend in a side by side with the original to ensure the flavor profile is correct!
- Celery Salt – Substitute salt and celery seed for celery salt! Simply use a teaspoon of celery salt instead.
- Celery Powder – If you have celery powder on hand, you can use that instead of celery seed. Simply triple the amount as it’s not as strong in flavor.
How to Make Beau Monde
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix ingredients together. It’s that simple!
Watch the video where Julie will walk you through each step of this easy recipe. You will find a collection of recipe videos right here on our website with corresponding recipes.
- Adjust flavors to your taste. If you want more of a sweet touch, add a touch more sugar.
- These flavors work well with bay leaves.
- Fill small, lidded glass jars. Make sure to add a label with the contents and the date. It makes a great gift for neighbors and friends!
Scaling up, down or substituting? You’ll love this printable Measurement Conversion Chart!
- Have all of your supplies out and ready to go – ingredients, measuring spoons, mixing bowl. It makes this quick-and-easy recipe go even faster!
Frequently Asked Questions
Even though this seasoning blend uses a little sugar, it’s actually a more savory seasoning that adds a fresh, vibrant flavor with distinctive herbal notes of celery and onion.
Beau Monde can be used to flavor fish, chicken, beef, soups, dips and so much more!
No, the bottled version on your store shelves doesn’t contain MSG and neither does this homemade Beau Monde seasoning blend!
Yes, you can! You will need 3x the celery powder that you would need of celery seed.
- This recipe is great for making ahead of time! Use a small funnel to transfer into a small jar with a lid.
- Label and date.
How to Store
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature. There is nothing in the recipe that will “go bad,” but it will taste its freshest if you use it within three months.
Find the glass jar with gold lid pictured in these photos here.
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Hungry for more easy recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club and have amazing recipes delivered directly to your inbox each week!
More Easy Seasoning Recipes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix ingredients together.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Adjust flavors to your taste.
- Fill small, lidded glass jars. Make sure to add a label with the contents and the date. Homemade seasoning blends make a great gift for neighbors and friends!
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.