This is an easy five minute cream cheese bean dip recipe made with just four ingredients! It’s beyond simple to make, and absolutely delicious to serve.
This is a Tex-Mex inspired bean dip that is a perfect appetizer for game day and beyond. You’ll be the hit of the party when you show up with this easy bean dip!
It’s creamy, packed with wholesome flavor, and delicious as a taco or burrito topping, too.
I don’t even like beans and I couldn’t.keep.my.hands.off. this easy bean dip recipe with cream cheese that my sister made last week.
Seriously, where has it been all my life and more importantly, why hasn’t my sister shared it with me before? My sister always has the best hack recipes!
I was not only skeptical about taste, but appearance. I wanted a delicious dip that can be taken to get togethers and made ahead. That means not only does it have to taste amazing, but be presentable as well.
It took every bit of willpower I had to limit my consumption of this cream cheese bean dip. It’s the perfect dip for a Game Day Recipe, Cinco de Mayo, tailgates and more. It’s also one of the best Mexican Side Dishes around!
Problem solved. This dip checks all the boxes, and it’s got only four ingredients!
Why You’ll Love this Cream Cheese Bean Dip
- Just four simple ingredients
- Great as a topping, too
- Easy to make ahead
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Cream Cheese – Learn How to Soften Cream Cheese easily for a smooth, creamy dip!
- Frito’s Bean Dip – Regular or spicy… either way, it’s so good! Yes, we always use this specific brand, but you can of course choose whatever you wish.
- Chopped Green Onions – Chives also work well! Perfect to fold in and garnish just after baking.
- Monterey Jack Cheese – I use Monterey jack because it gives this dip so much great flavor. However, you can substitute with cheddar, colby jack, or queso blanco. See my tips below, regarding pre-shredded vs freshly shredded cheese.
- Some like it hot! If that’s you, I recommend Hot Bean Dip (by Frito’s).
- Lighten it Up – This bean dip recipe can be lightened up easily! Try it with a lower fat cream cheese, and serve it with vegetables instead of chips.
- Use Sour Cream instead of cream cheese.
- Blend in Taco Seasoning.
How to Make Cream Cheese Bean Dip
- Prep – Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine – Combine softened cream cheese with Frito’s Bean Dip.
- Stir – Fold in fresh green onion.
- Garnish – Add freshly shredded cheese on top
- Bake – Until the cheese bubbles to perfection!
Alternatively, add all ingredients to your slow cooker and heat on low for 1-2 hours prior to serving.
- Need help with conversions? Check out my Essential Measurement Conversion Chart or use the slider in the recipe card.
- Use the 1x2x3x slider bar in the printable recipe card to easily double or triple this recipe.
- You can make this dip in a large bowl, small casserole dish (9″) or pie dish to maintain a healthy dip-to-cheese ratio.
- While you can certainly use pre-shredded cheese as a shortcut, I highly recommend that you shred it from a block of cheese. It only takes 60 seconds, but fresh cheese is always creamier and melts better! It’s a higher quality cheese and it doesn’t get dried out.
Make it Ahead
This recipe is so quick and easy that you don’t really need to make it ahead of time, but you can!
This bean dip recipe with cream cheese is so addicting and while best served warm, still amazing (and incredibly tempting) chilled! It can be made ahead of time and baked when you’re ready to serve.
How to Store
- Room Temperature – You can leave this dip out at room temperature for up to two hours while serving. After that, it should be refrigerated.
- Refrigerate – This bean dip keeps well refrigerated, covered in saran wrap for up to three days!
- Freezer – Don’t freeze this cream cheese bean dip, as this process will change the texture as it defrosts.
Curious about freezing your cream cheese recipes? Read more in Can you Freeze Cream Cheese to learn all about what works and what doesn’t!
How to Reheat this Cream Cheese Bean Dip
I’ll be surprised if you have leftovers because this cream cheese bean dip is so amazing! But if you do, you can re-heat in the microwave or oven.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
Cream Cheese Bean Dip (Mexican Bean Dip)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cream cheese with bean dip in a medium mixing bowl.
- Fold in ½ of the green onion (saving the rest for a garnish/topping).
- Spread in your oven safe dish and cover with a layer of shredded cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes) and garnish with more chopped green onion.
Slow Cooker Method
- Alternatively, add all ingredients to your slow cooker and heat on low for 1-2 hours prior to serving.
- Cream Cheese – Use regular, lower fat cream cheese or sour cream.
- Frito’s Bean Dip – Regular or Hot Bean Dip (by Frito’s).
- Chopped Green Onions – Chives also work well!
- Monterey Jack Cheese – Substitute with cheddar, colby jack, or queso blanco. You can use pre-shredded cheese, but I recommend that you shred it from a block of cheese.
- Optional :Blend in Taco Seasoning
To StoreRoom Temperature – You can leave this dip out at room temperature for up to two hours while serving. After that, it should be refrigerated.
Refrigerate – This bean dip keeps well refrigerated, covered in saran wrap for up to three days!
Freezer – Don’t freeze this cream cheese bean dip, as this process will change the texture as it defrosts.
To ReheatWarm in microwave in 30 second increments. Stir and serve.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.