This heavenly corn dip is perfect for picnics, parties, game day, holidays and more. With just a few ingredients and easy steps, you can whip up this crack corn dip in minutes! It’s a cold corn dip with jalapeños, green onions, cheese and amazing flavor!
Last month my friend Melissa invited us to her recently renovated home and had an array of appetizers spread around the island. I somehow found myself directly in front of a corn dip and chips and couldn’t get enough!
It’s perfect to serve at gatherings and game day surrounded by your favorite chips and or crackers. My favorite is a good tortilla chip or corn chip (like Frito’s), but feel free to add whatever you like best!
We’re all busy people, so if you’re only here for the recipe and would rather skip the great tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas, you can skip straight to my super quick and easy corn dip recipe. Simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
What is Corn Dip
Corn dip, crack dip, crack corn dip, Mexican corn dip – they’re all the same, and they’re all amazing! This dish is one of these things that was given this unique name but no one really knows where it started. It’s easy to speculate that the name comes with the dish because the flavors are so good you’ll be addicted as soon as you try it.
Corn Dip Ingredients
Even better is that there are just a few simple ingredients, nothing too crazy, so even your picky eater might love it.
- canned corn – of course fresh is always best, but this corn dip is amazing with canned corn, too and it makes it such a quick and easy dip.
- jalapeños – fresh jalapeños offer the best flavor.
- greek yogurt – the essential ingredient for a creamy base that doesn’t add a lot of calories.
- mayonnaise – also a contributor to the creamiest of this easy corn dip.
- cheddar cheese – fresh or shredded, your choice. I prefer to take just a couple minutes to fresh shred cheddar because block cheese is higher quality and when it’s freshly shredded, it has a creamier consistency.
- green onion – fresh green onion gives it a nice flavor and makes the perfect garnish. Bonus points for adding beautiful color.
An Easy Corn Dip Recipe That’s Lower Calorie
As I was trying to refrain from shoveling away the incredible crack corn dip I kept telling myself that it was loaded with calories. When chatting about it a few days later, I found that it wasn’t nearly as bad as I had thought, she had made it with greek yogurt!
It really makes this a win-win situation to have a dip you can’t resist, that’s not too bad on the hips! You could even pair the dip with some raw veggies, like carrots, or broccoli to make it an even more health conscious appetizer.
Why is it Called Crack Corn Dip
This cold corn dip has been dubbed crack because once you start, you can’t stop! Like Taylor Swift, I can’t stop, won’t stop. It’s a crowd pleasing appetizer that you’ll make again and again!
Not only is this a great dip for entertaining, but I also love it for lazy movie nights with the family. Sometimes I make just a half batch for all of us to enjoy a little treat while we get in some quality family time. It’s a fun alternative to the typical popcorn and candy snacks, and it’s easy to make ahead, and just pull out after dinner. You can also keep it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, and leave it as a little mid-day snack each day.
This is one of our favorite summer recipes, though we make it all year long. It makes an amazing appetizer for a barbecue, but of course lends itself well to game day, holiday parties and more!
It makes enough to serve a crowd and takes just a few minutes. It’s sooooo good and unbelievably easy to make.
How to Make Corn Dip
- Make it Mexican Street Corn style.
- Mix it up using pepper jack cheese add bell peppers, green chili or chili powder to give it even more kick.
- Use a little lime juice for more Mexican corn dip flavor.
- Roast corn for deeper flavor.
- This recipe is for a cold corn dip, but you can make it in a slow cooker to make a hot corn dip!
I know you’ll love this corn dip recipe as much as my family does! Once you’ll try it you’ll understand why some call it crack corn dip. You might want to make a double batch, it’s that good! Don’t forget to leave a 5 star rating in the comments below!
More Easy Appetizers
In our house, we love entertaining and having friends over for little get-togethers. Part of the reason I love it so much is that it gives me the perfect excuse to try a bunch of new appetizer recipes. Here are a few that have been in my rotation lately.
- Dill Dip
- Santa Fe Cheese Ball
- Frozen Grapes Marinated in Wine
- Easy Baked Goat Cheese and Honey Appetizer
- Velveeta Cheese Dip
- Whipped Goat Cheese Spread
- 2 cans corn drained
- 1 jar jalapeños sliced
- 1 c greek yogurt
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 2 c cheddar shredded
- 2 Tbsp green onion
- Combine, allow to marinate 1+ hours and serve with chips
LET’S CONNECT! SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EACH NEW RECIPE TO YOUR INBOX: