I just can’t resist a dip. Factor in bacon & it’s not long before there’s a noticeable dent in the bowl. That’s why I love slightly lighter dips to reduce the guilt. This dip is so creamy & delicious that I especially enjoy it with veggies…my mother would be shocked.
This is one of those dips I’m proud to bring to a gathering because it looks as beautiful as it tastes. I know that I’ll hear raves around the room. With the Golden Globes, Oscars & SuperBowl around the corner, I thought it would be a good time to let you in on this little, delicious secret.
Bacon & Gruyere Dip
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 4 slices center cut bacon cut into 1/4" slices
- 6 oz gruyere shredded
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c olive oil mayo
- cracked pepper to taste
- optional: green onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Over medium heat, sauté onion & bacon until cooked - about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine gruyere, worcestershire, cream cheese, & mayo in an oven proof dish. Blend in onion & bacon.
- Cover & bake 15 minutes, stir & serve with water crackers, tortilla chips, Ruffles, pretzel sticks & veggies.
Adapted from Cooking Light.