Incredibly easy Bacon Cheese Dip that’s always a favorite for game day or get togethers! This creamy mix of bacon, cheddar, cream cheese and sour cream topped with green onion is irresistible!
This warm dip comes together quickly with simple ingredients and is low carb and keto friendly.
Bacon Cheese Dip is a quick and easy appetizer that I love to make for just about anything because it’s always a crowd pleaser. You can double the batch and you’re still going to come home without a bite left because it’s just.that.good. Perfect to serve with crostini, chips and vegetables.
This Bacon Cheese Dip is made from shredded cheddar, cream cheese, sour cream, and bacon. The magic happens when they melt together and bubble so beautifully creating a tasty cheese dip that will have everyone begging for the recipe! Top it off with fresh chopped green onion for added flavor and presentation.
It’s the perfect appetizer for Super Bowl, game day, holiday get togethers and so much more! Serve it with veggies for a low carb and keto appetizer! It goes with everything from Little Smokies, Mac and Cheese Cups and Stuffed Mushrooms.
I tend to make this for a lot of fall and winter get togethers because a hot cheese dip, always does the trick. You can dip just about anything into it – buttery crackers, Ruffles, toasted baguette, carrots, celery, peppers and more.
If I only get to make one dish, I want to bring it. I am especially proud that this recipe helped my friend Becky take away an award from her neighborhood block party. Did you hear that? Award-winning! It’s the little things. It’s great for game day, or let’s be honest, any day.
It’s low carb, keto and gluten free! It’s perfect for game day, so if you’re prepping for the Super Bowl, you can’t skip this one. Don’t miss my family favorite free printable Super Bowl Bingo cards, too.
I love to dip. In fact, I have a recipe round-up with over 30 easy dip recipes that you can’t miss! Save it for the next time you need to find an incredible dip recipe- you might even find a few new faves, along with these 20 Bacon Appetizers!
And if you love entertaining in the easiest way- don’t miss these delicious little cheddar cheese tarts!
Bacon Cheese Dip Ingredients
- Cream Cheese – Soften the cream cheese for easier mixing. It’s best to take it out of the fridge 30 minutes before you want to make this dip.
- Sour Cream – Sour cream adds a slight tanginess to this dip that just works so well!
- Bacon – You can substitute bacon pieces for cooked bacon for ease. The bacon adds a wonderful smokiness to this warm cheese dip.
- Shredded Cheddar – Use a fresh shredded mild cheddar for best, creamiest results. Learn how to grate cheese here.
- Green Onion – Finish the dip with sliced green onion before serving for fresh flavor, color and added texture. Chives work as well.
This dip comes together so quickly and easily! This Bacon Cheddar Cheese Dip has been so popular, I made a video to show you just how easy it is!
How To Make Bacon Cheese Dip
- Prep – Preheat oven.
- Combine – Combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, bacon and cheddar in baking dish for easy cleanup.
- Bake – Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
- Garnish – Stir and top with fresh green onions or chives.
- Chips – Classic potato chips or ruffles
- Veggies – Bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower
- Crackers – Water crackers or butter crackers
Tips to Make the Best Bacon Dip
- Use mild cheddar cheese to make Bacon Cheese Dip because it’s sharp flavor adds so much to this creamy dip. You can purchase pre-shredded cheddar, however I highly recommend purchasing a block and shredding it because block cheese is always a higher quality and it won’t be dry, resulting in the creamiest, stringiest, Bacon Cheddar Cheese Dip!
- You can fry 1/2 lb of bacon and tear it into little pieces or to save time, purchase bacon pieces. They greasier and more tender than bacon bits offering the next best thing to fresh bacon.
Love bacon as much as we do? Don’t skip Bacon Popcorn!
One of the many reasons I love this Bacon Cheese Dip recipe is that if you’re short on time, you can make this dip the day before by tossing all the ingredients together in a baker and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake and take.
It’s easy to transport, too! It comes together so quickly and easily and it’s such a crowd pleaser!
Refrigerate – Store in an airtight container up to 3 days refrigerated. Bake or microwave to warm and stir!
Cut the Calories
- use 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- swap the sour cream for light sour cream
- use bacon pieces rather than fresh cooked bacon
- serve with veggies
What Readers Say About This Recipe
Don’t just take my word for it, here’s what people are telling me about this bacon cheese dip!
- “Just took this from the oven and completed the taste test. I am in so much trouble. The boys and my husband will not be home for a while, which means I am here alone with this amazingly delicious dip until then! This will grace all my appetizer tables going forward.”
- Becky “This one is in my sure fire recipe list! I always win “tastiest treat” when I make it! Love it! And so easy!!!”
- Jennifer “This dip is AWESOME!!!!!!!!”
- Emily “Made this for the Super Bowl yesterday and it was a hit!! We decided it tastes the inside of double baked potatoes. Yummy!”
If you love bacon, don’t skip this incredible Bacon Aioli for dipping and slathering on everything!
If you try this cheesy bacon dip, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too!
More Amazing Appetizers
Bacon Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and cut
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 cup green onion chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar and bacon in a baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion. Stir and serve with veggies, crackers, baguette or potato chips.
- Cream Cheese – Soften the cream cheese for easier mixing. It’s best to take it out of the fridge 30 minutes before you want to make this dip. You can substitute 1/3 less fat cream cheese to lighten it up.
- Sour Cream – Use full fat or light to cut the calories.
- Bacon – You can substitute bacon pieces for cooked bacon for ease.
- Shredded Cheddar – Use a fresh shredded mild cheddar for best, creamiest results. Monterey jack or fresh grated parmesan also works well for a twist.
- Green Onion – Chives or scallions also work well.
Make AheadCombine, refrigerate and bake just before serving.
To StoreRefrigerate – Store in an airtight container up to 3 days refrigerated. Bake or microwave to warm and stir!
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.