A light and fluffy chorizo and eggs Mexican Breakfast Casserole layered with tortillas, queso, pico de gallo, salsa verde and flavor!
I have never been into breakfast casseroles – until now! I took a bite of a chorizo burrito and suddenly I realized how amazing chorizo and eggs are paired together!
The burrito was filled with chorizo and eggs, topped with white queso, pico de gallo and salsa verde. It’s a flavor explosion! I love Mexican food in all formats, but it’s so much fun to serve it for breakfast too!
It’s a savory sensation that I had to make into one easy Mexican Breakfast Casserole.
Mexican Breakfast Casserole
Breakfast casseroles are great for entertaining because you can serve a lot of people with minimal effort. You can even make a Mexican Breakfast Casserole ahead!
This easy dish serves 12. It’s picture perfect, covered in queso and garnished with pico and salsa. I’m getting hungry again just thinking about it!
Your Favorite Breakfast Burrito In Casserole Form
This Chorizo Burrito Mexican Breakfast Casserole with not only wake you up, but wake up your taste buds! It’s a morning breakfast bake you’ll crave again and again! It’s your favorite juevos rancheros in an easy-to-make casserole.
A breakfast burrito in casserole form is now one of our favorite breakfasts! There are so many shortcuts in a Mexican Breakfast Casserole. You can whip it up in just 10 minutes with a few little tricks.
While I always love making my Queso Blanco from scratch, but you can also purchase your favorite white queso. It’s the true secret that makes the cheesiest, creamiest chorizo breakfast burrito casserole. If you want to add a kick, top it with my Jalapeño Dip!
Another simple shortcut is purchasing pico de gallo. You can find it in the produce section of your grocer. You can also make your own pico de gallo with fresh onion, tomato, cilantro and a touch of lime juice.
How to Make a Chorizo Burrito Breakfast Casserole
- Prep – Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook Chorizo – Cook chorizo over medium high heat. Optional: add taco seasoning
- Whisk Eggs and Cream. Set aside.
- Layer – Line the casserole dish with flour tortillas. Add chorizo. Add another layer of tortillas. Top with egg mixture. Don’t worry if your tortillas float.
- Bake – Bake 60 minutes.
- Garnish – Cover with queso blanco. Garnish with pico de gallo and salsa verde.
Chorizo and Eggs
Chorizo and eggs go together like peanut butter and jelly. It’s an unexpected combination that is so amazing! Blending the two together in a casserole is quick and easy. No need to make scrambled eggs, you can just blend them with cream for an irresistible light and fluffy texture.
Mexican chorizo is simply a seasoned pork sausage. I love integrating it into this Mexican Breakfast Casserole, but it’s also amazing in queso, on tacos and more!
- While I love flour tortillas for this casserole, corn tortillas work just as well and are an excellent gluten free option.
- The best thing about this casserole? You can cook the chorizo and put the whole thing together the night before! Then you can just pop it in the oven in the morning! So easy, so good!
- You can decide exactly how spicy you’d like this dish to be. If you like a milder spice level, choose a mild chorizo and salsa verde.
What are your family’s favorite breakfast dishes? Do you prefer sweet or savory? If you make this breakfast casserole, I’d love to hear what you think! Please come back and leave a review and a five star rating, or share with us in Celebrating Simple, my Facebook share group.
What To Serve With This Mexican Breakfast Casserole
This cheesy Spanish chorizo breakfast casserole makes an incredible centerpiece for your brunch. Add a few other Mexican-inspired side dishes and you’ll have a festive brunch spread for Cinco de Mayo and beyond! Find all of my favorite fiesta flavors right here.
Chorizo and Eggs Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- 12 oz chorizo
- 10 eggs
- 1 3/4 c milk vitamin d / whole
- 6 flour tortillas
- 16 oz queso cheese dip
- pico de gallo to garnish
- salsa verde to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease casserole dish.
- Line casserole dish with tortillas.
- Cook chorizo. Layer chorizo on top of tortillas.
- Top with another layer of tortillas.
- Whisk eggs and milk together. Pour on top of tortillas.
- Bake 60 minutes.
- Cover in queso, drizzle salsa verde and pico de gallo.