My mom was all about easy desserts. Who doesn’t like a quick fix? My sister was recently talking about how our mom’s no bake cheesecake is one of my nephew’s frequent requests. I haven’t made it in years, mostly because I don’t care for Cool Whip. But I decided to adapt the recipe, only adding 5 minutes & one ingredient. This easy no bake cheesecake takes just 10 minutes & a few ingredients. I originally posted this recipe 4 years ago when at the beach visiting my family. Let’s just say my photography has improved a little, so I’m moving it forward.
Each summer, we spend a week visiting my family at the beach. After a long day of sun & play, a light cheesecake is refreshing & sweet, yet quick & easy enough to make, as a guest!
Just one of the many reasons I love plain cheesecake is that it can be adapted in a number of ways. You can even set up a toppings bar & have guests create their own favorite “piece” of cheesecake. Caramel or peanut butter sauce, pinot noir reduction, berries, candies, the options are endless! But lets be honest – they’re just as amazing plain & simple!
And cheesecakes are even better when topped with my strawberry pinot reduction. It’s a must try and the easiest recipe!
- 1 c graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1½ c powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- fresh fruit or sauce to top
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar & butter. Press into lined muffin tins or a greased pie crust. Bake 5 minutes.
- In mixing bowl, beat heavy cream, gradually increasing speed until stiff. Gradually add powdered sugar, followed by cream cheese. Whip until smooth.
- Fill pie crust, add your favorite toppings & refrigerate until set.