Every now and then, something hits me. An idea I just can’t escape. I try to think zucchini and spinach, but my mind keeps begging for cookies and breads. Our family loves Oreo cookies. It’s the girls’ most requested ice cream. So, I gave it a shot, I mixed a few of our favorite things with one of my favorite recipes and voila, magic was made. Cookies and Cream Bread!
The girls think that they don’t like cream cheese, but they have had a countless number of appetizers and desserts made with cream cheese that they just can’t get enough of, and this Cookies and Cream Bread is no exception.
Adapted from my sweet bread recipe, Cookies and Cream bread takes just 10 minutes hands on time and bakes to perfection. I like to serve it warm for breakfast or dessert, but it’s delicious at room temperature, too!
If we’re hosting guests for the weekend, I’ll whip up a few loaves of various breads because it keeps well when wrapped. Caramel Cheesecake is another favorite!
Cookies and Cream Bread
- 1 c sugar
- 2 c flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 c milk
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1/2 c Oreos crushed
- 1/2 c cream cheese
- 1/2 egg
- 1/8 c sugar
- Grease 1 lb loaf pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg, milk, oil and crushed Oreos. Gradually add dry mixture to wet until just moist.
- Pour half of the batter into pan.
- Combine cream cheese, egg and sugar. Pour cream cheese mixture over bread batter. Add remaining bread batter until 1" below the top of the loaf pan to compensate for rise. Swirl in with a knife.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out "clean" with the exception of a little cream cheese.
If you try one of my recipes, please come back to share by clicking the stars just above the recipe. I’d love to know what you think!