Easy Cranberry Bread makes a great breakfast, snack, dessert and a beautiful edible gift yielding 6 miniature loaves per batch! This amazing quick bread recipe takes just 5 minutes hands on time!
This amazing Cranberry Bread is yet another adaptation of my favorite sweet bread recipe which only takes 5 minutes hands on time to make! It’s a beautiful and festive way to celebrate the holidays, especially for gifting!
It’s subtly sweet flavor is balanced with the delicious tart cranberries which adds beautiful color to this classic sweet bread.
I love easy quick bread recipes because they’re great for entertaining – even last minute. They’re foolproof and take about 5 minutes hands on time to make using staple ingredients I already have on hand including sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, oil and cranberries, of course!
Cranberry Bread makes a delicious breakfast served with or without butter, snack or dessert.
As I mentioned before, it also makes a great gift! Yielding 6 miniature loaves (or 1 large loaf) it’s great for that one for you, one for me mentality. Actually, 5 to gift and one to enjoy at home! If you make a larger loaf, just increase baking time to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Are you on the list? Subscribers receive access to my free printable library that includes “Wishing you a sweet Christmas” gift tags. Get your free copy the ebook 10 Sweet Bread Recipes as well!
It’s especially delicious for the holidays – aka cranberry season! This bread is so moist it doesn’t need anything, but who can resist smothering it in a little butter? Not me!
Cranberry Bread Ingredients
This bread is made primarily with staple ingredients.
- Sugar – granulated sugar makes this bread delightfully sweet. Sprinkle a little on top just before baking for a beautiful glisten.
- Flour – all purpose flour, no need to sift!
- Baking Powder – the leavening agent for this no yeast bread.
- Salt – brings out the flavors in this easy bread recipe.
- Eggs – large eggs bind the ingredients and also help leaven the bread. Don’t overmix.
- Milk – use whatever you have on hand! This contributes to the light texture of the bread.
- Oil – oil makes this bread incredibly moist! I like to use vegetable oil in all of my quick breads.
- Cranberries – For best results, use fresh cranberries. Frozen cranberries tend to bleed a bit more and won’t thoroughly bake through. Chopped cranberries work best to fold into the batter, chopped cranberries work best. Use up to an entire bag depending on how much cranberry you’d like.
How to Make Cranberry Bread
It’s so easy! No yeast, no fuss! This Cranberry Bread Recipe comes out perfect every single time! In fact, it’s a reader favorite!
- Preheat oven and grease loaf pans.
- Combine dry ingredients – sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixer or large bowl whisk eggs milk and oil.
- Gradually fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just moist. Don’t over beat.
- Pour into prepared pan / pans leaving 1″ (more if you’re using 1 large loaf pan) to compensate for rise.
- Sprinkle with cranberries and sugar to garnish. (Optional: add a touch of orange juice to the batter or orange zest on top)
- Bake and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Want another twist? The options are endless for this easy, adaptable Cranberry Bread recipe.
- Brown Sugar – substitute granulated sugar with brown sugar
- Add a Glaze – although you certainly don’t need to, you can cover it using my Orange Glaze Recipe, Lemon Glaze, Basic Glaze Recipe or Cream Cheese Glaze. Seriously, soooo good! Through the years we’ve made it in a variety of ways.
- Add Nuts – toss in a half cup of toasted walnuts
- Add Orange Zest – Make it a Cranberry Orange Bread by adding a hint of orange juice and orange zest.
Tips To Make Amazing Cranberry Bread
- Make into Muffins – If you prefer to make them into muffins, just grease miniature muffin tins and fill each to 2/3 full. Bake 12 minutes.
- Bake Time Varies depending on your oven. It’s done when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Store – Store cranberry bread in a sealed plastic bag or covered in saran wrap at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Freeze – To freeze bread, wrap tightly in heavy foil, saran wrap or place them in freezer bags (I like to do at least 2 to prevent freezer odors from seeping in). Freeze up to 3 months. Bring to room temperature to serve.
- Glaze – To sweeten a loaf for dessert add a little glaze.
- Gift – I always stock up on white ceramic loaf pans during the holidays when they’re 50% off, making them less than $1 a piece. They wrap easily with (optional cellophane and) a bow – a true no fuss homemade gift.
More No Yeast Bread Recipes You’ll Love
- Orange Bread
- Cinnamon Bread
- Cinnamon Roll Bread (because why not?)
- Sweet Bread
- Almond Bread
- Brown Sugar No Yeast Bread
- Blueberry Bread
- Lemon Loaf
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Latte Bread
- Carrot Bread
5 Minute Cranberry Bread
- 2 cup sugar
- 4 cup flour all purpose
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup cranberries fresh
- 1/3 cup sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, milk and oil.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet until just moist.
- Grease 6 miniature baking dishes and pour mixture an inch below to the top to compensate for rise.
- Sprinkle with cranberries and sugar. Bake 40 minutes.