This brown sugar bread recipe is full of flavor and incredibly easy to make. A no yeast bread made with staple ingredients and just 5 minutes hands-on time!
Brown Sugar No Yeast Bread
Quick breads are one of my favorite things to bake – even above cookies. You can whip up a loaf or 6 in just 5 minutes hands-on time (and it doubles as potpourri). As quick bread bakes, it fills your home with the most beautiful aroma, building excitement to remove it from the oven.
This no yeast bread is the best way to get the taste of old-fashioned homemade bread, without out all the time and hassle. I would love to have the time and energy to make yeast bread all the time, but sometimes the easier route is just as satisfying. That’s definitely the truth in this situation.
I recently adapted my sweet bread recipe to make brown sugar bread and it’s simply delicious!
The brown sugar makes bread extra moist because of molasses in it. It gives this bread a deeper color and flavor as well. It’s out of this world delicious alone or smothered with a little butter.
The Basics of a Bread Recipes Without Yeast
A quick bread is a bread without yeast. In this easy recipe we use baking powder. Omitting yeast makes it quick and easy, hence the name! Many breads, muffins, biscuits and scones are considered quick breads.
No yeast bread is typically made with just a few staple ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes hands on time!
Flour is the primary ingredient for all no yeast breads. When combined with liquid (milk and vegetable oil), it provides the structure which prevents it from falling. When baked, it expands, trapping the gases from the leavening agent (baking powder).
This results in a moist, light and airy loaf that you’ll crave again and again!
This recipe calls for all purpose flour, but you can substitute self rising flour omit the baking powder and salt. Self rising flour is a blend of all purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
Baking powder is a dry chemical leavening agent. It’s a mixture of an acid (sodium bicarbonate) and cream of tartar which increases the volume of quick breads and provides a light texture.
It releases gas in the batter causing bubbles which create the rise. This ingredient is essential for a bread recipe with no yeast.
A touch of salt goes a long way in baking recipes. It strengthens the gluten protein structure in addition to adding a hint of flavor. It enhances the flavor of all ingredients and therefore is the only seasoning required in this delicious recipe.
Milk adds to the moisture and activates the gluten. You can also use buttermilk if you prefer! Learn how to make buttermilk here. Dairy free? Use your favorite dairy substitute.
Liquid fat makes the bread moist. I use vegetable oil, but canola oil or melted butter also work well.
Eggs bind the ingredients and also help leaven the bread.
Brown Sugar Bread – The Perfect Treat
Brown Sugar Bread makes a delicious breakfast snack or dessert. Serve it warm immediately after removing it from the oven or later in the week! It’s a homemade treat that tastes and feels special.
I tend to make quick bread in these miniature loaves enjoying one and gifting or freezing remaining loaves.
5 minutes, 6 beautiful loaves!
Brown Sugar Bread and any variation of this no yeast bread makes the perfect housewarming, hostess, holiday and neighbor gift as well. Simply bake it in miniature loaf pans.
You can find these miniature loaf pans for less than $2 at Michaels, but you can also use disposable.
Tied with a ribbon, wrapped in parchment, or a kitchen towel, they make a beautiful gift. I hope they make your day a little sweeter, too. Enjoy!
How to Make Bread Without Yeast
The concept is the same for all breads made without yeast (see below for more easy no yeast bread recipes). It’s a no fuss, no muss way to make homemade bread. There’s no yeast and therefore no wait!
No yeast bread is typically made by combining dry ingredients, followed by wet ingredients and gradually folding the dry mixture into the wet mixture for an even rise.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients.
- Gradually incorporate dry into wet.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake bread (this recipe takes about 40 minutes bake time).
- Remove from oven and enjoy warm or store at room temperature after it cools covered in plastic wrap for up to 5 days.
Variations for this No Yeast Bread
This bread is incredible as is because of the rich molasses, but you can mix up this recipe in so many ways! Some suggestions include:
- Extracts – add a hint of vanilla, almond, banana or maple, the options are endless. Simply add 2 teaspoons of your favorite extract.
- Nuts – fold in walnuts, pecans or almonds or use them to garnish the bread just before placing it in the oven.
- Fruits – you can add in banana slices or dried fruits, even raisins to your mixture as well.
- Chocolate – white or milk chocolate chips are also a delicious addition.
- Oats – fold them in and sprinkle on top for added texture.
More Easy No Yeast Bread Recipes
- Sweet Bread Recipe
- Orange Bread
- Cranberry Bread Recipe (Easy Cranberry Bread in Just 5 Minutes)
- Latte Bread
- Almond Bread
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Cinnamon Roll Bread Recipe
It’s hard to believe you can whip up something so delicious and easy with ingredients you have on hand in just a few minutes. It’s so delicious and so gratifying! Enjoy!
Brown Sugar No Yeast Bread
- Grease 6 mini loaf pans and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat eggs, milk and oil.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet until just moist.
- Pour batter into pans an inch below to compensate for rise. Optional: sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Extracts - add a hint of vanilla, almond, banana or maple, the options are endless. Simply add 2 teaspoons of your favorite extract.
- Nuts - fold in walnuts, pecans or almonds or use them to garnish the bread just before placing it in the oven.
- Fruits - you can add in banana slices or dried fruits to your mixture as well.
- Chocolate - white or milk chocolate chips are also a delicious addition.