Easy Baked Apple Slices, a 4 ingredient dessert, side dish, or breakfast. This Baked Apple Slices recipe is a delicious way to enjoy your apple-picking bounty. with fresh apples, butter, cinnamon and sugar served warm and tender for a memorable fall dish!
I’m kicking off fall with the return of Tastes of the Season Holiday Recipe series with several friends.
Growing up, my mom would core and bake apples with a cinnamon, sugar and butter mixture that had us all begging for fall. It was such a treat, yet unbeknownst to me at the time, so simple.
Baked Apple Slices are a quintessential fall recipe. There’s something comforting about warm, tender apples blended with cinnamon and sugar – this easy fall recipe doubles potpourri!
We frequently enjoy them after an afternoon of apple-picking where we almost always pick more than we can realistically enjoy. Each year I am hopeful we can pick from our own backyard, but by mid-July, the squirrels have raided the apple trees. Wherever you find your apples, this foolproof recipe is easy enough for little hands to help make!
These Baked Apple Slices require less time in the oven than cored apples and are easy to serve as breakfast alone or blended into oatmeal or yogurt, a side dish or dessert. Yes, I think Baked Apple Slices qualify as a fall side dish. They pair well with pork tenderloin, pork chops and more! They’re decadent enough on their own for dessert, but I like to drizzle them in caramel and serve warm with vanilla ice cream for a family style dessert.
Our girls absolutely love this special treat. They’re the perfect way to warm up on a chilly fall afternoon.
It’s naturally gluten-free, too!
Baked Apple Slices Ingredients
- Apples – the best apples for baking are pink ladies, braeburn, honeycrisp, jonagold, jonathan, gala, goldden delicious, and granny smith (if you’re looking for something a little more tart).
- Cinnamon – ground cinnamon blended with sugar gives this easy recipe most of it’s incredible flavor.
- Sugar – granulated sugar sweetens up this easy side dish.
- Butter – I use salted butter, but you can use unsalted. When combined with cinnamon and sugar, it creates an incredible sauce.
QUICK TIP: Take these baked apples up a notch or two with the simple addition of a teaspoon of allspice. It’s an easy homemade spice addition that will create the most enticing fragrance!
How to Make Baked Apple Slices:
- Melt butter.
- Toss sliced apples in butter, cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake and top with sea salt, caramel and ice cream for dessert, blend into yogurt or oatmeal for breakfast or serve as a side dish!
More Amazing Apple Recipes
- Apple and Cheese Soup
- Apple Ice Cream
- Apple Chipotle Vinaigrette
- Apple and Walnut Ravioli
- Bourbon Spiked Apple Cider
Basically, I love apple everything! You can find all of my apple recipes here! If you’re loving apple everything as much as my family, you need to check out my detailed apple baking guide– it’s full of tips, tricks and the BEST apple treats!
You can watch a step by step to make these Baked Apples in the video in this post! See the printable recipe card below to learn how to make Baked Apple Slices…
Baked Apple Slices
- 3 apples sliced
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 c sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- sea salt optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small baking dish, toss butter, cinnamon and sugar to coat the apples.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until tender.
For more delicious fall inspired recipes, visit my friends at:
Slab Apple Pie + Caramel Sauce by Ella Claire | Applesauce Sheet Cake + Cream Cheese Frosting by Love Grows Wild | Apple Spice Streusel Cake by Inspired by Charm | Baked Apple Slices by Julie Blanner | Cinnamon Maple Sourdough Apple Pie by Farmhouse on Boone
Brioche Apple Bread Pudding by Boxwood Avenue | Apple Cider Pound Cake by Anderson + Grant | Apple Crumble Muffins by A Burst of Beautiful | Banana Apple Cake Bread by Sweet C’s | Apple Strudel by So Much Better with Age
New England Apple Crisp by Nina Hendrick | Maple Apple Oatmeal by Finding Home Farms | Chocolate Apple Mini Cakes by Zevy Joy | Artisan Apple Bread by Nesting with Grace | Low Carb Apple Sandwich Snacks by My Sweet Savannah