Get an honest review of a Serena and Lily sofa, from someone who has owned sofas from other popular retailers, too!
Choosing a sofa can be difficult. There are so many sizes, styles and fabrics to choose from! You don’t want to waste your money, so this guide is a great place to start.
I’m a big fan of white sofas, as you likely already know! I know they’re not for everyone, but I appreciate that I can see any dirt, so that I can clean any dirt.
When we started to consider a redesign of our St. Louis living room, we knew we wanted to stick with a classic white look for our sofa. We had a Pottery Barn sofa with a slipcover for many years, and it held up very well for us.
Slipcovered sofas are a great way to go, in my humble opinion, and our Ektorp Ikea sofas at the lake (now discontinued) are also slipcovered. While we don’t need to do it very often, we just throw the covers in the wash and put them back on, good as new.
I’ve shared all about our previous sofas, including our Ikea sectional sofa and more. I thought it was time to show you our new sofa, and give you all the pros and cons before you invest for yourself!
We have been craving a fresh new look, and this time, we’ve chosen a more formal skirted sofa. While it isn’t slipcovered like our previous white sofas, this one has a more tailored look we just love!
Serena and Lily Sofa
We chose a custom-made Grady pleated sofa from Serena and Lily, and today, we’re letting you in on all the ins and outs of this purchase.
Why did we choose this specific model? We loved the tailored back and the comfy style of the two large cushions across the seat. Those clean lines when combined with the soft, romantic skirt offered a timeless look that we just love!
I’m always in love with a pretty curved arm, and that soft little curve with the skirted base is what sold me! I’m such a traditionalist at heart, and this sofa checked all my boxes.
In fact, we’re showcasing this sofa both in our own home, and in a few images from their marketing as well, just so you can get a good feel for it!
Why You’ll Love this Sofa
- Quality – This sofa is proudly made in America!
- Aesthetics – I love that this simple, timeless look will work in a variety of interiors, no matter the style.
- Service – We had a great customer service experience here, from the point of ordering to the delivery!
- Grady Sofa 8′ – Skirted
- Item Number: GRSFSC-G782-8
- Perennials Basketweave White
- American Made – these sofas are handcrafted in North Carolina.
- 140+ fabric options
- Sustainable practices + eco-friendly materials
- 8-way hand-tied springs for even comfort and suspension
- Seat cushions are made of soy-based foam core with downproof ticking
- Significant Investment – These sofas are not inexpensive, but we hope it lasts for many years!
- Longer Wait – Up to a 12 week wait time, depending on your fabric.
- Wait for a sale! We debated about this purchase for many months, and already had a specific style and fabric in mind. When a great sale started, we were ready!
- While we haven’t had any large spills yet, we’ve used my favorite Folex on a few smaller stains, with great results.
- Delivery was excellent. It was timely, efficient, and seamless!
Frequently Asked Questions
In our experience, the answer is yes. We were looking for a sofa that offered a luxurious style with the longevity to match. So far, this sofa fits the bill!
Lee Industries manufactures the upholstered furniture for Serena and Lily.
20 years! The company was founded in 2003.
Where to Buy
Grady Skirted Sofa
Available in 7′, 8′ and 9′ lengths, in 140+ fabric options!