Capture the essence of spring with this beautifully scented natural Lilac Sugar Scrub – made with just 3 ingredients in your kitchen!
Inspired by the beautiful lilacs that line our yard, I wanted to make a sugar scrub to gift for Mother’s Day that would coordinate with my Mother’s Day gift basket.
It’s easy to make natural bath products in your kitchen. It just takes a few minutes and a few all natural ingredients.
I’ve always been sensitive to purchased bath and body products. Just walking past a store can leave me with a day-long headache. I can only imagine what those same ingredients do to skin.
Not to worry with this natural bath product! 2 of the 3 ingredients are even edible! Even better, it’s gentle on your skin. It exfoliates dead skin while nourishing with oil – all while enjoying the sweet scent of lilac!
Lilac Sugar Scrub Ingredients
- Sugar – White granulated sugar is perfect for exfoliating dead skin cells. You can also use brown sugar!
- Oil – Whatever oil you have on hand. Grapeseed oil is my favorite for scrubs, but you can also use olive oil or coconut oil.
- Lilac Essential Oil – Adds a hint of beautiful spring fragrance.
How to Make Lilac Sugar Scrub
- Combine ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Add essential oil to your preference.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature until use.
Learn how to set up your own Sugar Scrub Bar for a party! Perfect for showers – it’s a fun activity that doubles as a take home party favor!
Get the free printable labels for easy gifting! They are designed for the 2.5″ round Paper Source labels.
Don’t miss the Mother’s Day gift basket this sugar scrub nestled beautifully in. You’ll want the lilac milk bath recipe too!
- 1 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil
- lilac essential oil
- Combine sugar and oil. Stir well.
- Add essential oil to preference. Stir.
- Scoop mixture into your jar and add a few extra drops of essential oil on top. Store in an airtight container like the Weck jar shown.