This recipe is quick and easy and requires just a few staple pantry ingredients!
It makes a great gift for friends, family, neighbors and teachers! Store in quarter-pint size mason jars, or sealable glass jars.
Sugar scrub gently exfoliates dry, scaly, and chapped skin leaving your skin smooth without any rough or harsh treatment. The oil soothes, moisturizes, and hydrates, leaving you with smooth refreshed skin that makes you feel like you’ve spend a day at the spa!
A hint of vanilla adds a warm, amazing scent.
Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub Ingredients
- White Sugar – also called granulated sugar, table sugar, or just regular sugar.
- Brown Sugar – a beautiful golden brown sugar that contains molasses. Not only is it a beautiful color, but also smells amazing, and actually contains quite a few nutrients.
- Oil – I use grapeseed oil in this recipe, but you can substitute with your favorite oils. Some options include : Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Vitamin E Oil, or Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract – Homemade Vanilla Extract or store bought.
Optional: Add a few drops of your favorite essential oils. My favorites for this recipe include Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, and Sandalwood.
How to Make Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub
- Combine sugars.
- Add oil and vanilla extract.
- Scoop into sealable jars.
- Add essential oils
- Substitute the white sugar with all brown sugar
- Substitute vanilla for another essential oil
- Try different oils such as Olive Oil, Carrot Oil, Caster Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, Vegetable Oil, Vitamin E Oil, or Argan Oil.
Homemade sugar scrubs have a generous shelf life. Store up to 6 months in an airtight container. If at any time the scent changes, discard.
How to Use Sugar Scrub
- Shower for 5 minutes to soften skin.
- Apply scrub in a gentle, circular motion.
- Optional: allow the scrub to soak in before rinsing for extra moisture.
- Pat dry to seal in moisture.
Store a jar by the kitchen sink to refresh your hands after washing dishes. It can be used to exfoliate in the shower or as an indulgent foot scrub. It is also safe to use as a lip scrub.
How to Gift Scrubs
- To gift this vanilla brown sugar scrub, scoop into a sealable jar. You can add a free printable label as well!
- I like to use burlap or any fabric paired with a thick ribbon for decoration. Cut a square piece of burlap, wrap it around the jar, and tie it off with a piece of twine or ribbon.
These beautiful fragrant sugar scrubs make wonderful gifts for teachers, neighbors, or friends. They also make a wonderful addition to gift baskets!
You’ll Also Love these Sugar Scrub Recipes
- Orange Clove Sugar Scrub – The perfect wintery scents mixed up into this amazing, fragrant sugar scrub!
- Lemon Mint Sugar Scrub – A popular sugar scrub especially for the wintertime. With refreshing scents to soothe and invigorate.
- Orange Mint Sugar Scrub – An invigorating sugar scrub that will refresh your skin!
- Lilac Sugar Scrub – Welcome spring with this all natural homemade lilac sugar scrub! I’ve included free printable labels to make gifting a batch easy! This recipe makes a wonderful Mother’s Day gift!
- Homemade Sugar Lip Scrub – The best way to hydrate dry chapped lips, this sugar lip scrub is the ultimate luxury.
- Summer Citrus Sugar Scrub – This amazing sugar scrub isn’t only for the summer! Enjoy this fresh rejuvenating scent all year around.
More Natural Bath Recipes
- Homemade Lavender Milk Bath Recipe – With just a few natural ingredients you can make this luxurious milk bath recipe for yourself or gift to a loved one who needs a little extra pampering!
- Homemade Rose Milk Bath – Make your own milk bath to soothe and hydrate your skin!
- Lavender Mint Softening Bath Soak – Use ingredients you already have on hand to make this softening bath soak that smells wonderful!
- Ornament Bath Soak – This bath soak couldn’t be easier with only 2 ingredients and completely customizable! Scoop into plastic ornament for an adorable holiday gift!
Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup sugar white granulated
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup grapeseed oil see below for substitutions
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine sugars in a mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla extract. Throughly combine.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, transfer to an airgitht container.