Keep it light with this easy and delicious Chicken Wrap recipe filled with fresh lettuce, grated cheese, juicy chicken, tomato, red onion, optional cilantro and more!
This Chicken Wrap is one of my favorite summer lunches. Wraps feel more substantial than a salad, lighter than a sandwich, but just as fulfilling!
I eat a lot of chicken wraps during the summer, especially poolside. I love that they’re easy on the hips and there’s something so satisfying about picking it up and eating it like a giant cheeseburger. They’re so craveable!
Even better, they are light in calories! There are only 275 calories in this delicious and filling chicken wrap! Not to mention it hits all the food groups to make it a well rounded meal.
It’s a quick, easy family friendly recipe. A lot of the ingredients can be used throughout the week in a variety of ways. It’s the perfect way to enjoy leftover chicken, too! You can even make a batch Sunday and wrap it with a touch of sour cream or your favorite salad dressing the day of to enjoy all week!
They’re easy to scale and serve for a crowd for picnics, showers, parties and holiday gatherings. Wraps are the perfect handheld party food because they’re fuss free to make and mess free to eat!
Enjoy a delicious mix of fresh, flavorful ingredients…
Chicken Wrap Ingredients
- Greens – use your favorite lettuce. I tend to use romaine, but butter lettuce, mixed greens, iceberg or arugula are also great. Use whatever you have on hand.
- Cheese – Monterey Jack cheese is my go to for this wrap but you can use pepperjack, cheddar or colby jack as well. I always purchase a block of cheese and shred it for the best results. Blocks of cheese are higher quality and have less preservatives, and doesn’t dry out, which results in the creamiest cheese! It’s worth the extra minute or two.
- Chicken – juicy baked chicken breast coated in your favorite seasoning or a rotisserie chicken you pick up at the store – either way, you’re going to love this flavorful wrap. I like it thinly sliced but you can cube or use shredded chicken as well. I like to whip up a few extra baked chicken breasts early in the week to enjoy on salads, wraps and to make chicken nachos, of course. Get my favorite homemade Poultry Seasoning blend to create the most flavorful chicken ever!
- Tomato – wraps are the best way to sneak in veggies. Add a tomato for color and fresh flavor.
- Red Onion – this simple ingredient really stands out. You can use any leftover red onion in this Italian Salad later in the week.
- Cilantro – completely optional based on your taste preference. If you love it, you’ll love the flavor it adds to this wrap, but if you hate it, simply omit.
- Fiesta Ranch – a mix of sour cream and fiesta ranch dip gives the flavor of salad dressing without the messy result!
- Flour Tortilla – the glue that holds it all together!
There are so many ways you can mix up this easy Chicken Wrap. These are just a few of my favorite ideas!
- Add a Little Kick – add fresh peppers including red peppers and jalapeños or Sautéed Peppers.
- Make it Gluten Free – use a corn tortilla to make a gluten free chicken wrap
- Make it Dairy Free – in lieu of Fiesta Ranch, use Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Make it Low Carb – use lettuce in lieu of a tortilla
- Use Your Favorite Vinaigrette, Dressing or Sauce – Crema de Cilantro, Apple Chipotle Vinaigrette, Cilantro Lime Dressing, Pesto Aioli, Truffle Aioli, Salsa, Ranch Dressing or Buffalo Sauce.
- More ideas – add avocado and bacon
You can make this a gluten free chicken wrap recipe by using a corn tortilla and dairy free by using dressing rather than fiesta sour cream and dairy free cheese or eliminating the cheese.
How to Make a Chicken Wrap
- Prep – Preheat oven.
- Coat – Brush olive oil on chicken breast. Sprinkle both sides with fajita seasoning or a little red pepper and lime juice – your choice!
- Bake, remove from oven.
- Rest – Allow chicken to rest before slicing or dicing chicken.
- Optional – Combine sour cream and Fiesta ranch mix.
- Toss – Combine and toss ingredients.
How to Roll a Wrap Sandwich
- Place tortilla on a plate and scoop ingredients into the center leaving 1-2″ on each side.
- Add cooked chicken.
- Fold the 1-2″ sides in and roll.
- Secure using sandwich picks.
- You can make ahead and refrigerate up to 3 days or make ahead and wrap just before serving.
- Slice ingredients thin so they roll easily.
- Toss first so that ingredients are distributed evenly and you get amazing flavor in each bite.
- Use sandwich picks to secure when serving in large quantities.
The Perfect Side Dishes to Serve it With
- Truffle Fries with Truffle Aioli
- Healthy Sweet Potato Fries
- Mexican Street Corn
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Vanilla Fruit Salad
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Pesto Chicken
- Lemon Chicken
- Panko Chicken
- California Chicken
- Cajun Spiced Chicken with Cajun Chicken Seasoning
- Chicken in White Wine Sauce
- Chicken with Garlic Sauce and Caramelized Shallots
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Beer Can Chicken In The Oven
- Boursin Chicken
- Rosemary Chicken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat chicken in olive oil. Sprinkle both sides with fajita seasoning.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest 10 minutes (it will continue cooking). Slice or dice.
- Combine sour cream and fiesta ranch. Toss all ingredients.
- Scoop into the center of a tortilla. Fold both sides in and roll. Secure with sandwich picks.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.