This Bananas Foster recipe is yet another favorite dessert for entertaining. It’s quick & easy to make & guests love to gather to watch while I flambé it. It feels special, without a lot of effort. It’s prepared start to finish in less than 10 minutes, which is still longer than it will take for friends & family to devour it!
- 4 bananas cut into halves
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup rum
- vanilla ice cream
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar & vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Add bananas & allow them to soak for 2-3 minutes, without letting them brown.
- Add rum, prepared with lighter. Standing back, light the mixture. Remove from heat when the flame extinguishes.