A secret ingredient makes these easy Banana Muffins irresistible!
Who knew Banana Muffins could be so good! Like better than a cupcake good. Like so good, only 1 muffin remains less than 24 hours later and has been taunting me all morning!
This easy banana muffin recipe takes less than 10 minutes hands on time, and just 16 minutes to bake, making it an easy and irresistible breakfast the entire family will enjoy.
They’re also perfect for packing as snacks or lunch and even freeze well to save for later. Muffins are also one of my favorite hostess and neighbor gifts because they pack easily into a beautiful basket for gifting.
When I want to make banana bread or Banana Muffins on a whim, I don’t turn to my local grocery store who offers only beautiful, ready to eat fruit, I seek out brown bananas at…
a gas station. It never fails! Yesterday after I dropped Isla off at school I went to the nearby gas station and there it was, a stand with 20 bananas, perfect brown, ripe and ready to bake!
Ripe bananas are a key ingredient to a moist and delicious banana muffin. But don’t fret, if you have green bananas there are a few ways to speed up the process.
How to ripen bananas:
- Place them in a brown paper bag and wait 12 hours.
- Microwave for 1 minute, check every 15 seconds after that.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes on a cookie sheet, add more time if needed.
How to make crumb topping for muffins:
Combine softened butter, sugar and flour in a bowl and mash with a fork or spoon until it reaches an oatmeal like texture. Spoon onto muffins and bake!
More Muffin Recipes You’ll Love
- Brown Butter Muffin Recipe
- Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
- Strawberry Muffins
- Banana Muffins
- Classic Muffin Recipe
- Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Apple Cobbler Muffins
How to Make Banana Muffins:
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 c white sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c butter cooled
- 1 Tbsp butter softened
- 1/3 c brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line or grease muffin tin.
- Melt butter over medium heat without stirring until it becomes brown and nutty in aroma. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a mixing bowl/mixer, combine bananas, sugar, egg and butter.
- Gradually incorporate dry mixture into wet until just moist.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin until 2/3 full.
- Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake 16 minutes or until it comes clean with a toothpick test.
Freeze extras to enjoy later!
Gas stations often have brown bananas if you need them in a pinch.
Get all the details on how to brown butter here with a video.