This lime sorbet recipe is a perfect summer treat with its refreshing and tangy flavor. With just three simple ingredients, it’s so easy to make.
Bonus! It’s not only light in calories compared to ice cream, it is dairy-free and vegan-friendly.
With its tangy, refreshing flavor, this sorbet is sure to cool you down on a hot summer day! This easy sorbet recipe is not too sweet or sour and will delight your taste buds! It takes just 3 ingredients and 3 minutes to prep!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Lime Juice – Freshly squeezed or store-bought in your grocery store’s produce or juice section. Use standard limes or Key Limes, your choice!
- Simple Syrup – Adds just the right amount of sweetness to sorbet. You can make your own by combining equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cool to use.
- Water – Reduces the tartness and provides great consistency for this dairy-free treat.
- Zest – For even more lime flavor and a little texture, add the zest of 1-2 limes.
- Herbs – Chopped Mint or Basil is the perfect compliment to lime sorbet.
- Fruits – Fold in sliced strawberries or papaya, or tropical fruit.
- Whipped Cream – A dollop of whipped cream is always a good idea to top with!
How to Make
This is an overview. Visit the printable recipe card for complete ingredients + steps.
- Prep – If you’re starting from scratch, juice limes and make simple syrup (about 1.5 cups sugar and 1.5 cups water on a stovetop over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Allow to cool. Use 2 cups for this recipe.)
- Combine – Combine lime juice, simple syrup, and water in a loaf pan.
- Freeze – Freeze overnight or approximately 8 hours.
How to Squeeze Fresh Limes
- Citrus Juicer Attachment – Affix to your KitchenAid Mixer. Cut lemon into half. Turn mixer on 2 or 4 and press lime on attachment with a bowl underneath to capture the juice.
- Citrus Squeezer – Cut lime in half, place one half in the citrus squeezer and squeeze over a pitcher or a bowl.
- By Hand – Roll lemon firmly on counter to soften. Slice lime in half. Squeeze over bowl multiple times, pressing a spoon to release any remaining juice if needed.
How to Store
Freeze – Store in a freezer-safe container or cover securely in plastic wrap. Double wrap in a freezer bag to store for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! The same steps apply – juice the fruit, make the syrup, add water, then freeze.
You don’t need an ice cream machine to make this recipe! All you need is a loaf pan!
Of course! You can add ingredients like lime zest for texture or coconut milk for extra creaminess!
Absolutely! All you need to do is prep the sorbet, then freeze for at least 8 hours!
Yep! Lime juice, sugar, and water are all low fat!
Yes! Corn syrup is a great substitute for simple syrup if you have it on hand!
- In a loaf pan or small baking dish, mix ingredients.
- Freeze overnight.
- Allow the sorbet to soften for 5 minutes at room temperature before scooping.
- Store in a freezer-safe container or cover securely in plastic wrap. Double wrap in a freezer bag to store for up to three months.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.