If you’re looking for a spectacular kitchen range that makes an impact both visually and with functionality, this is it! Learn all about our new ILVE range in this comprehensive review.
With a combination of aesthetics, affordability and performance, this beautiful line of appliances is one to consider!
When we bought our lake cottage, we knew that although the bones were great, we’d have a lot of work to do.
Fortunately, we’ve been able to gradually update this home from top to bottom, and still enjoy so much time at the lake. It’s a special place to us, and one where we spend many weekends, holidays and getaways.
Updating the kitchen was one of our bigger undertakings. We swapped out the old tile for new White Oak Floors, added Quartz Countertops, painted the cabinets and installed a new backsplash. Only one important item remained: the range.
We researched so much before buying our Lacanche range for our primary home, and we knew this range needed to work just as hard for our family. As a professional food blogger, appliances need to fill a lot of roles in our kitchen.
I’m so excited to get to cook with (and easily clean) this beautiful new range. Keep reading to learn how and why we chose an ILVE, what we love about it, and all the answers to your burning questions!
First, you might be wondering where this brand came from, and how we landed upon this option.
ILVE (pronounced ill-vay) is an Italian brand of appliances with a wide range of styles for beautiful freestanding ranges, hoods and accessories.
Originally founded in 1952, this is a brand that has stood the test of time internationally, but only more recently entered the market here in the US.
Their ranges are commercial grade, beautifully made, and also available in an incredible range of gorgeous colors. The options are endless, and thankfully, they are a more affordable way to bring beautiful European styling into your home kitchen.
Why You’ll Love this Range
- There are 213 incredible custom colors to choose from – choose wisely and pick one that you know you’ll love as much today as you do down the road.
- Other trim finish metals are chrome, bronze and copper. I chose brass to work with our unlacquered brass hardware and bridge kitchen faucet!
- ILVE is a proud producer of induction ranges, which are actually a more sustainable choice for home kitchens. They are great for cooking and are the next big thing in home kitchens!
- However, they also make dual fuel ranges – with a gas cooktop and electric oven. Do your research to decide what’s best for your needs.
Our ILVE Range Details
Purchase your own ILVE range right here!
- 30″ Majestic II
- White (I was very close to choosing this beautiful blue grey color – what do you think, did I make the right decision sticking with white?)
- Electric (Induction)
- No Window
- Brass Trim
- Smooth Cooktop for easy cleaning
- Induction Technology
- Touch Screen Operation
- Fast Pre-Heat
- Convection Oven
- 3.5 cu. ft. Total Oven Capacity
- Defrost Function
- Warming Drawer
- Ensure that your wiring capabilities are right for an ILVE – see note about electrical below.
- Unbox your range and be sure to inspect carefully for damage before signing the Bill of Lading.
- For cleaning your induction stovetop, simply use soap and water with a microfiber glass cleaning cloth, and polish to shine.
- You can still use your cast iron cookware on an induction cooktop – just use it carefully.
- Try a silicone mat for your induction cooktop to prevent scratches and make cleaning easier!
ILVE Range Electrical Specifications
One thing that’s important to consider when purchasing an ILVE induction range is that they require a four-prong outlet.
In our home (which was built in the 90s), we had to have new wiring added to accommodate this type of hook-up. It was totally worth it, but something that everyone should note!
- 220 – 240 Volts
- 50 Amps
- 4 Prong Wire
Frequently Asked Questions
Dual fuel ranges combine the best of both worlds – with a gas cooktop and an electric range, you’ll get the right heating element no matter what you’re cooking!
There are three specific ILVE range styles: Majestic, Nostalgia, and Techno. The Majestic features the old-world European style and can be induction or dual fuel. The Nostalgie is also a vintage-inspired style, but features gas cooking. The Techno is a much more contemporary and modern look.
In comparison to other high end European ranges, they are actually quite affordable. However, they are certainly on the higher end of ranges for home kitchens overall. Our 36″ ILVE lists for just under $7,000.