The best recipe for Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Get the secrets that make these Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies better than the rest. Made with simple store bought ingredients, these delicious cookies come together quickly and easily and they are one of my family’s favorite treats!
I know I know, everyone claims to have the best chocolate chip cookie recipe, but have I ever steered you wrong? I have been making these cookies for what seems to be like forever, adding a bit here and a bit there.
There has been a lot of taste testing (not a bad thing!), and I promise you, chewy chocolate chip cookies just don’t get better than these!
I’m dreaming of my favorite Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies right now. Stressful days make me crave sweets and these Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies are just the fix I need.
To Make These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, You Will Need:
- Butter – I prefer to use unsalted butter in this recipe. If you use salted, be sure to cut down on the amount of added salt.
- Sugar – You will need white and brown sugar in this recipe. The brown sugar is a key ingredient to get these cookies perfectly chewy.
- Vanilla Extract -You can easily make your own vanilla extract or use store bought. Pure is preferable over imitation.
- Eggs – Use the freshest eggs you can. Eggs add moisture to the cookies and help the dry ingredients to bind together.
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder – To help the cookies rise in the oven.
- Flour and Salt – All purpose flour is perfect for this recipe, use your favorite brand. The salt helps to bring out the chocolate flavor.
- Chocolate Chips – I like to use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can use bitter or milk if you prefer.
How To Make Chewy Chocolate chip Cookies
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Swirl it until brown in color and it reaches a nutty aroma. Remove from heat.
Meanwhile, combine sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix browned butter in.
Gently blend in eggs, careful not to over mix.
Sprinkle baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour over mixture and fold in until combined.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Make large balls and place on parchment paper. Refrigerator for 2+ hours.
Preheat oven to 350, crack with sea salt and bake 12 minutes.
- Add nuts
- Add M&M’s
What Makes Chocolate Chip Cookies Chewy?
High moisture content! That’s why these Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with brown butter and into dough balls refrigerated for 2+ hours in a sealed container or cookie sheet. The mass help keeps moisture in.
Bake time is also important – you want to remove them from the oven when the edges are just golden brown leaving a soft, pale center.
How Do You Keep Cookies Chewy?
If you don’t eat these delicious morsels straight away, store then in an airtight container. Place a slice of white bread in with the cookies, they will absorb the moisture from the bread keeping them chewy for longer. Keep them at room temperature and they will remain chewy for 2 to 3 days.
These cookies are just as simple, but these little adaptations make them better than the bakery:
- Brown Butter – Browned butter makes everything better! It adds a rich flavor to these cookies.
- Don’t Over Mix – Over beaten eggs will always fall flatter.
- Make large dough balls and refrigerate.
- Top them with cracked sea salt.
- Don’t Overbake.
- Serve Warm. I put them in the microwave for 20 seconds before enjoying.
If you try this recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Swirl it until brown in color and it reaches a nutty aroma. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix browned butter in.
- Gently blend in eggs, careful not to over mix.
- Sprinkle baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour over mixture and fold in until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Make large balls and place on parchment paper. Refrigerator for 2+ hours.
- Preheat oven to 350, crack with sea salt and bake 12 minutes.
- Don’t overmix
- Don’t overbake
- Serve warm