This Speculoos Cookie Butter Bar recipe (thank you Trader Joe’s cookie butter) will satisfy your sweet and salty tooth! This no-bake cookie butter bar has a crunchy, salty chip crust and a layer of silky, smooth chocolate. A simple holiday treat everyone will love!
I can’t believe Fall Cookie Week is coming to a close already, but I hope you’ve enjoyed the 10 new fall cookie recipes Inspired by Charm and I have created for you. If you’re just joining, it’s not too late – you can catch up here! Today’s recipe is for those who prefer not to turn the oven on, or just have a love for cookie butter! I made easy No-Bake Speculoos Cookie Butter Bars to cap off the week!
I adapted my ever-popular Peanut Butter Bars with one of my greatest obsessions, cookie butter. Because anything with the word “butter” is always better.
The cookie butter bars are a mix of sweet and salty with a crunchy, buttery cookie base. Not to mention, a cookie butter and chocolate topping that gives them great balance. These bars take just 10 minutes to whip up and are the perfect make-ahead dessert for any occasion!
What Is Cookie Butter?
Cookie Butter is pretty much just what it sounds like. It’s essentially a spreadable cookie. The cookie that cookie butter is derived from is a spiced European cookie called speculoos with the largest distributor of the cookie being the Lotus Biscoff Cookies.
The spread was first introduced in Europe in 2009 and made it’s way to the U.S. in 2011. We now have our own variety thanks to Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter.
Ever since, it pretty much has been crack for anyone who tries it. The uses for it are similar to how Nutella is used, as they are both considered a nut butter.
Speculoos Cookie Butter Bar Ingredients
- Kettle Chips – Crunchier than regular potato chips, Kettle Chips make the ultimate crunchy cookie base.
- Cookie Butter – The ultimate satisfaction. There are two tops brands I highly recommend – the Lotus Biscoff Cookie Butter or Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter. Both are wonderful, so your favorite will do.
- Powdered Sugar – I know, the cookie butter is sweet as it is. But powdered sugar is needed more for texture rather than flavor.
- Butter – A little more butter never hurt!
- Milk Chocolate Chips – To top our speculoos cookie butter bars. If you want a bit more contrast of bitter and sweet, use dark chocolate chips instead.
How To Make the Speculoos Cookie Butter Bar Recipe
The no-bake component of these bars makes them easy enough that even the kids can help!
- Mix together the crushed chips, cookie butter, powdered sugar, and butter and spread into your pan.
- Melt the cookie butter and chocolate chips and spread the mixture on top of the other layer.
- Chill for a couple of hours, cut, serve and enjoy!
Keep the Cookie Recipes Rolling!
It’s been so fun joining Michael again this year for Fall Cookie Week. Please stop by to check out all of his Fall Cookie Week recipes including;
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Dulce De Leche Sandwich Cookies,
- Peanut Butter Lover’s Peanut Butter Cookies,
- Pumpkin Cookie Bars with Maple Frosting, and today’s new recipe,
- Frosted Apple Cider Cookies
I hope Fall Cookie Week has inspired you to spend time in the kitchen with family and friends this fall baking up your favorite recipes. If you make one of ours, we’d love to see! Just tag @inspiredbycharm and @julieblanner on Instagram!
Let me know what you think in the comments too!
More Cookie Bar Recipes You’ll Love:
- Sugar Cookie Bars with Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookie Bar
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Speculoos Cookie Butter Bar
- 8 oz bag Kettle Chips
- 1 c cookie butter
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 12 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 c milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 c cookie butter
- Using a food processor, crush chips and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix 1 cup cookie butter, powdered sugar, and butter into the crushed chips.
- Pour into a 9x9 parchment lined pan.
- Combine chocolate chips and 1/4 c cookie butter. Melt in microwave in 15-second intervals until smooth.
- Pour over the chip mixture, using a spatula to smooth.
- Refrigerate 2 hours and serve chilled.