Juicy Chicken with Garlic Sauce and Caramelized Shallots – made in less than 30 minutes! This low carb chicken recipe is easy, flavorful and a great way to mix up dinner!
This Garlic Chicken recipe with Caramelized Shallots has been one of our favorites for years! It’s a delicious twist of my Baked Chicken Breast. This recipe comes together without a lot of effort and tastes as good as it looks! Move over Ina Garten!
You’d never know from the incredible flavor, but this garlic chicken is naturally low carb, keto friendly and gluten free! Each serving is just 400 calories!
The garlic sauce is a blend of butter, wine and garlic and bakes a subtle flavor into the chicken making it so juicy and so good!
Caramelized Shallots are a delicious way to add flavor to an array of recipes like this Chicken with Garlic Sauce. They’re so tender and add a beautiful aroma. Use caramelized shallots in lieu of onions to enhance a dish. They elevate this simple chicken recipe and while it’s easy enough to make on a weeknight, it’s special enough to serve on the weekend!
How to Cut Shallots
- Remove papery outer skin from shallot.
- Cut off root end, the opposite end and discard.
- On a cutting board, slice thin for rings and use your fingers to separate them or halve and cut for slices.
How to Caramelize Shallots
- Melt butter or heat oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add sliced shallots. Stir to coat.
- Cook until soft, translucent and light brown (about 10 minutes).
- For this recipe, add in garlic and stir over low heat for 1 minute after the shallots have begun to brown.
More Caramelized Shallot Recipes You’ll Love:
How to Make Chicken with Garlic Sauce:
- While you finish caramelizing the shallot and roasting the garlic, place boneless skinless chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- Melt butter and combine with olive oil and white wine. Pour over the chicken.
- Salt and pepper the chicken, add the caramelized shallots to the top and add a little more minced garlic into the sauce.
- Put in the oven and roast.
- Remove from oven and drizzle sauce over the top. Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.
More Low Carb Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
If you make this recipe, leave a comment and rating to let me know what you think! I always love hearing from you!
Chicken with Garlic Sauce and Caramelized Shallots
Juicy Chicken with Garlic Sauce and Caramelized Shallots - made in less than 30 minutes! This low carb chicken recipe is easy, flavorful and a great way to mix up dinner!
- 1 shallot
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 c white wine
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Over medium heat, add shallots and olive oil. Cook until translucent and lightly brown (about 10 minutes).
Reduce heat to low, add garlic stirring for 1 minute.
Place chicken breasts in baking dish. Combine butter and wine, pour over chicken.
Add minced garlic to butter mixture (the flavor will marinate into the chicken as it makes).
Salt and pepper chicken. Cover in shallots.
Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Cover in garlic sauce and allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.