This spring salad mix is the perfect summer salad to take with you to picnics and pot lucks. Full of vibrant fruits, pecans and cheese, you can prep the salad at home and whip up some vinaigrette and have a fresh, easy-to-transport salad.
I used to be disappointed when someone asked me to bring a salad to a gathering. I suppose I thought there was no easy or cute way to present it and it’s not really “homemade.”
At home, I love to make my own dressings, and I paired this summer salad with my champagne vinaigrette. It dawned on me that this is actually the perfect pot luck salad!
The ingredients in this salad are simple and colorful and with some easy presentation it will look like you’ve put much more effort into it than you really have!
Spring Salad Mix Ingredients
- Spring Mix – Use your favorite bag of spring mix as a base of the salad. Alternatively you could use baby spinach or mixed leaves.
- Strawberries and Blueberries – I love adding fruit to salads, they add a natural sweetness as well as color. Use organic if you can.
- Candied Walnuts – The best salads have a mix of textures, and I added candied walnuts for extra crunch as well as a little sweetness.
- Blue Cheese – The salty blue cheese works so well with the sweet fruits. I like to use stilton but a danish blue will also work well.
- Champagne Vinaigrette – My champagne vinaigrette is perfect for this salad. It’s light and refreshing with a little tang.
How To Make Spring Salad Mix
- Prep – spin the spring mix and chop the other ingredients.
- Combine – add the salad ingredients to a bowl and then whisk together the ingredients for the champagne vinaigrette.
- Serve – transfer the dressing to a jar or pitcher and drizzle on top of the salad in a large serving bowl.
An Easy Summer Salad To Take To a Pot Luck
Because the salad is prepared separately to the dressing it travels really well. The leaves don’t get soggy and you can turn up to serve a fresh and vibrant dish.
One of my favorite things about a salad like this is that it feels like a bit of a treat. Even though it’s fast, healthy and easy, the cheese and fruit additions give this salad a tangy sweetness and a slightly more indulgent vibe.
How To Serve Spring Salad
This salad serves beautifully in any kind of salad bowl. While this particular bowl is no longer available, I love the looks of this one because it’s the perfect size (and style) for mixing, transporting serving!
If you’re traveling, use a bowl with a sealed lid or tightly wrapped plastic wrap. Place the dressing in a separate container on top of the salad for easy transportation.
Of course, the vibrant color and flavor in this spring mix salad means it’s also perfect for delivering to family and friends in need. Know a family with a new baby? I bet this salad will be perfect in lieu of the pizza nights they’re getting used to!
If you want a cute way to transport the dressing, simply add a cute printable label to the lid of a small ball jar – you’ll find the link for a “shake and serve” label below.
- Always bring a salad dry to prevent wilting. Wash the leaves but then use a spinner to get rid of as much moisture as you can.
- For the shake and serve printable label, click here.
- My champagne salad dressing is perfect for this dish, but feel free to experiment! Try it with my Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing, White Wine Vinaigrette or Easy Herb Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe.
- This salad is perfect to make ahead of time. You can make the salad in the bowl and cover in with plastic wrap one or two days before you need it. The champagne vinaigrette (and most vinaigrettes) will keep in the fridge in a sealed container for up to two weeks.
More Amazing Salad Recipes
- Apple Salad Recipe
- Insalata Mista
- Peach Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- Cabbage Salad
- Amazing Italian Salad with Italian Dressing
If you try this yummy spring salad mix recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too!
Spring Salad Mix
- 5 ounce spring mix
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup candied walnuts
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper can substitue black pepper
- Spin the spring mix and chop the other ingredients.
- Add the salad ingredients to a bowl and toss.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake or whisk together. Toss desired amount with spring salad mix.
- Always bring a salad dry, so that the greens don't wilt. Wash the leaves but then use a spinner to get rid of as much moisture as you can.
- For the shake and serve printable label template, click here.
- My champagne salad dressing is perfect for this dish, but feel free to experiment! Try it with my Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing, white wine vinaigrette or Easy Herb Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe.