Finally, an easy recipe for Chocolate Pot de Creme. It’s simple, sweet and tastes decadent. The perfect Valentine’s Day dessert, and not a moment too soon.
When Chris and I enjoy dinner out, we often share a dessert and have a few go to’s like bread pudding, creme brûlée and pot de creme. If I’m having dessert in lieu of a glass of wine or have to extend a workout to fit in the extra calories, it has to be worth it. And believe me, these little ramekins of love are absolutely worth it.
I felt a little intimidated to recreate pot de creme because it felt time consuming and fussy, so I dumbed down the New York Times Extra-Bittersweet Chocolate Pots de Creme recipe into an easy, more palatable version that I can’t keep my spoon out of. It takes just 15 minutes hands on time!
Table of Contents
How to Make Chocolate Pots de Creme
- Bring cream and milk to a boil.
- Add chocolate or chocolate chips and whisk into cream.
- Remove from heat and add to sugar and yolk mixture.
- Fill casserole dish halfway with water. Place ramekins into the water bath. Fill ramekins with chocolate mixture.
- Cover with foil, poke holes and bake.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate.
This pot de creme is so quick and effortless, but tastes like you labored all day. Hey, I like Chris to think I work, really hard.
If you try this recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too!
Pot de Creme
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring cream and milk to a boil. Reduce to low and whisk in chocolate until smooth.
- In a large bowl or mixer, whisk yolks and sugar.
- Gradually incorporate chocolate mixture into yolks.
- Fill a roasting pan or baking dish half full with hot water. Add chocolate mixture to ramekins and place in baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and poke fork holes.
- Bake 30 minutes, until set but still jiggly. Transfer to wire rack to cool or refrigerate.