This easy Fruit Pizza recipe is made with a better than the bakery sugar cookie crust, covered in a delightfully sweet cream cheese frosting, and decorated with your favorite fruit – in just 10 minutes hands on time! It’s always a crowd pleaser.
You know I love quick and easy recipes that look as good as they taste. This easy Fruit Pizza recipe fits all of the above. It’s all too easy to devour, too.
This recipe is so effortless, yet it will have all of your friends and family believing you’re the next Martha Stewart. It’s just that beautiful. Fortunately, you don’t have to be Martha to make it! It’s as simple as whipping up sugar cookie dough, a little frosting and placing fruit.
While it’s a quintessential summer dessert, it is easily adaptable for Valentine’s Day and Easter. It’s also a beautiful addition to Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day. Really, any excuse to serve an amazing dessert that’s quick and easy to make!
How to Decorate Fruit Pizza
My mom, sister and I have been making this easy recipe for years in a variety of ways. It’s easily adaptable by mixing up the fruit to create a unique flavors. Strawberry and banana is my favorite combination!
One of the many things I love about this dessert is just how easy it is to decorate. The options are endless!
Use an array of red fruits including strawberries, raspberries, and grapes and a heart shaped dish.
Roll your dough in a sheet pan and trim with a pizza cutter to create an egg shape. Decorate in lines.
Add edible flowers and load it with fruit for a one-of-a-kind memorable Mother’s Day dessert.
4th of July
You can make it into a 4th of July Fruit Pizza recipe creating a star or stripe formation with red and blue fruits!
Use an array of colors and arrange your fruits to create a beautiful rainbow. Leave a little fruit pizza glaze exposed to create “clouds”.
Fruit Pizza Ingredients
This easy Fruit Pizza recipe requires primarily staple ingredients making it easy to whip up on a whim!
Fruit Pizza Crust
- baking powder
Fruit Pizza Glaze
Aka cream cheese frosting! It not only holds a lot of the flavor, but also adheres the fruit to your pizza! The crust is layered with sweet cream cheese to make the most amazing fruit pizza glaze. When paired with the fruit pizza crust it has a soft and creamy texture that’s irresistible.
- cream cheese
- granulated sugar (you can substitute powdered sugar if you prefer)
- hint of vanilla or lemon extract
The options are endless! Use your favorite fruits. Some suggestions include:
- bananas (toss in lemon juice first)
- grapes (slice in half)
- mandarin oranges
How to Make Fruit Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a baking dish with cooking spray. I like to use a tart pan for beautiful fluted edges, but you can use a pizza pan, 1/4 cookie sheet / sheet pan, 2 pie dishes – whatever you have on hand. To make a Valentine’s Fruit Pizza, use this darling heart tart dish.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine sugar cookie dough ingredients until just combined. Press into dish. Use parchment paper to smooth if necessary. Refrigerated sugar cookie dough is less sticky to work with, but who has the time for that?
- Make the fruit pizza glaze by combining cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. No need to allow it to cool completely! Spread onto the warm fruit pizza crust for a smooth, even finish without the fuss.
- Decorate! It is one of these easiest desserts to decorate and is always beautiful. Get creative and top with fresh fruit like grapes, pineapple, peeled citrus, kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, bananas and more!
Fruit Pizza is best served fresh, but can be stored refrigerated up to 3 days covered. This crust keeps better than most fruit pizza crusts.
More Easy Cookie Pizza Recipes
- Frosted Sugar Cookie Cake
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Peanut Butter Cookie Cake
- Funfetti Cookie Cake
- Incredible Sugar Cookie Cake Recipe
- Thick and Chewy M&M Cake
Of course you can find all of my easy dessert recipes right here!
Fruit Pizza Recipe:
Easy Fruit Pizza
- 3/4 c butter softened
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- fruit sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Press into greased tart dish or pizza pan and bake 10-12 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Gently smooth onto warm crust.
- Top with fruit.
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to come back and share, I as well as others love to hear what you think!
Originally published May, 8 2018, updated July 2019.