Caramel Pecan Pie Ingredients
- Pie Crust – A store-bought pie crust makes this recipe quick and easy – and takes the hassle of having to make the crust from scratch. Purchase a package from the freezer section of your grocery store. All you have to do is fill it!
- Baking Caramels – Oh, another shortcut that makes this caramel pecan pie super simple. This takes the hassle out of making the caramel from scratch or having to use sweetened condensed milk. You will need 30 caramels in total, which you should get from 1 package.
- Butter – It is a pie recipe, after all. One-half stick of unsalted, sweet cream butter is equal to 1/4 cup.
- Milk – Whole milk works best for the ooegy, gooey texture. Low-fat milk simply won’t give you the same results.
- Brown Sugar – I prefer light brown sugar for this pecan pie recipe. But feel free to use dark brown sugar if that is all you have on hand.
- Eggs – Three large eggs is enough to bind the pecan caramel filling so that it sets properly. We will discuss how to tell if your pecan pie is cooked properly in a bit!
- Vanilla – Pure vanilla extract adds that extra special essence you just can’t get from sugar.
- Salt – Fine sea salt works best since it dissolves easier.
- Pecans – The main ingredient, after all. You can purchase pre-chopped pecans or whole pecans and chop them at home. Just make sure they are raw and unsalted.
How To Make Caramel Pecan Pie Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add milk and caramels. Cook, stirring frequently, until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Gradually add the caramel mixture, being careful not to scramble the eggs.
- Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 30 minutes. Tent crust with foil and bake an additional 5 minutes. Serve warm – it’s unbelievable!
How To Tell When The Caramel Pecan Pie Is Done
The best way to judge is with the jiggle test. Give it a gentle shake. When the homemade pecan pie is firm around the edges, but still slightly jiggly in the center, you know it’s done!
How To Prevent Pie Crust From Shrinking
A Few Pecan Pie Recipe Variations
Although the caramel filling in this pecan pie is absolutely to die for, there are a few variations to mix up your holiday dessert table.
- Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pie – Add 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips to the filling when you add the pecans.
- Salted Caramel Pecan Pie – Use freshly cracked sea salt (which gives you larger granules) and increase it to 1/2 teaspoon. Salty and sweet at it’s finest!
- Praline Pecan Pie – Add 1/4 cup praline spread when you add the milk and caramels.
- Cinnamon Pecan Pie – Add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon when you add the milk and caramels.
- Pecan Walnut Pie – Replace 1/2 cup of the chopped pecans with chopped walnuts.
- Vanilla Pecan Pie – Serve the easy pecan pie recipe with a dollop of homemade vanilla whipped cream.
How To Serve and Store the Pecan Pie
This caramel pecan pie recipe is best served warm – trust me.
But if you are looking to make this for Thanksgiving or Christmas, the pie will keep in the refrigerator, wrapped in plastic wrap, for 3-4 days. Simply remove from the fridge 30 minutes before serving, cover with foil, and re-warm in 325 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Your friends and family will thank you!
More Pie Recipes You’ll Love:
- Easy Banana Cream Pie Recipe From Scratch
- The Best French Silk Pie Recipe
- Crack Pie
- Chocolate Pie Recipe
- Chocolate Guinness Pie
- Easy Chocolate Pie Recipe with Pretzel Crust
- Peanut Butter S’mores Pie Recipe
- Lemon Pie (A No-Bake Fruit Pie Recipe)
- Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie
If you try this Caramel Pecan Pie recipe, please come back to share using my 5-star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too! For more easy recipes and simple living ideas, subscribe to my newsletter!
Caramel Pecan Pie
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/4 c milk
- 30 unwrapped caramels/1 package baking caramels
- 3/4 c brown sugar packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 c chopped pecans
- Pie Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add milk and caramels. Cook, stirring frequently until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Gradually add the caramel mixture. Stir in pecans and pour into pie crust.
- Bake 30 minutes, tent crust with foil and bake an additional 5. Unbelievable when served warm (can warm in the oven later).