This homemade lemon ice cream is a rich, creamy taste of citrus and sunshine. Make this refreshing no churn lemon ice cream recipe for a memorable sweet and tart treat you’ll love!
When it’s this easy and delicious, how can you resist? Learn how to make lemon ice cream with condensed milk in this easy recipe that requires no ice cream machine!
What is it about spring weather that makes everything lemon-flavored sound so good? I literally can’t get enough! It’s something about that sweet, tart citrus flavor that keeps me coming back for more.
When I have a craving for something simple and sweet, we often whip up a batch of my favorite no-churn ice cream. It’s so simple to make and it’s easy to create any flavor you might be dreaming of in the moment.
If you love ice cream as much as we do, don’t miss this incredible round up of 18 of the BEST no churn ice cream flavors. So easy and so good – and don’t skip this new Orange sherbet too.
Lemon Ice Cream
I created this lemon ice cream on a whim recently when I was craving that cool, creamy lemon flavor. Believe me when I say this ice cream is easy… actually too easy! My hips don’t lie!
Why You’ll Love It
Ingredients and Substitutions
See printable recipe card for complete ingredients and instructions.
- Heavy Cream – Heavy Whipping Cream is required here, don’t try to sub with milk or other options.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – This gives this no churn ice cream the sweetness you crave!
- Lemon Extract or Lemon Zest – Either will give this ice cream lots of extra lemon flavor.
- Lemon Juice – Fresh squeezed is great, but not required. Feel free to use lemon juice from the produce section of your store, I’ll never tell.
- Add Fruits – Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries pair well.
- Zest – I used lemon zest when I made this recipe, but lemon extract is an easy substitute. It saves time and eliminates the texture of zest. Use half the amount of the measurement suggested for zest. In this situation, that would be 1 tablespoon of extract vs. the 2 tablespoons of zest.
- Substitute Extract – In lieu of lemon, use orange extract or traditional vanilla.
- Add Graham Cracker Crumbs – Fold in crumbs for frozen cheesecake flavor. Even better, add fruits and graham crackers to make blueberry or Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream.
How To Make Lemon Ice Cream
Are you ready? It’s so simple.
- Create the Base – In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat heavy cream, gradually increasing speed, until stiff peaks form.
- Make Ice Cream – Blend in sweetened condensed milk, softened cream cheese and vanilla until smooth.
- Freeze – Pour mixture into a loaf pan or airtight container. Freeze until solid.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Make sure you use really cold heavy whipping cream. Store it at the back of your refrigerator for best results.
- Put your mixing bowl in the fridge or freezer for a little bit before, as well. The colder your bowl and ingredients are, the more air will be trapped in your ice cream for a lighter, creamier finish.
- You can make this no churn ice cream in a loaf pan or 4 miniature loaf pans, but any mixing bowl or dish will do.
Frequently Asked QuestionsWhy does lemon ice cream not curdle?
You might question why the acidity of the lemon juice doesn’t curdle the cream. Thankfully, the heavy cream and lemon juice are combined at the same temperature in this recipe, so there’s no risk of curdling!Is lemon peel the same as lemon zest?
Zest is part of the peel (or rind) of a lemon. While the peel refers to the entire skin of a lemon (including the colorful outer section and the bitter interior white pith), zest takes only the best of the flavorful yellow rind.
- Consider serving it with a slice of my favorite blueberry loaf cake. The combination of tart lemon, sweet cream and blueberry flavor is out of this world! It’s a delicious choice to serve with cakes and a variety of pies.
- With Brownies
- Topped with Raspberry Sauce
- Topped Strawberry Sauce
- With a bowl of berries
- Garnish with mint
How to Store
Freeze – It will keep in an airtight container in the back of the freezer for two weeks, or until crystallization forms.
Lemon Ice Cream Recipe (No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream)Lemon Ice Cream is a rich, creamy taste of spring. Make this refreshing no-churn Lemon Ice Cream Recipe for a memorable sweet and tart treat you’ll love!Yield
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 10 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract 2 tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Beat heavy cream until peaks form.
- Blend in sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and lemon extract.
- Pour into a loaf pan or any freezer safe dish and freeze until solid – about 4+ hours.
TipsI used lemon zest when I made this recipe, but it’s so easy to substitute with lemon extract. If you don’t want the texture of the lemon zest, use extract instead! It’s a powerful flavor substitute. (Generally, you’ll use half the amount of the measurement suggested for zest. In this situation, that would be 1 tablespoon of extract vs. the 2 tablespoons of zest.)
Nutrition InformationCalories: 214kcal (11%), Carbohydrates: 14g (5%), Protein: 2g (4%), Fat: 16g (25%), Saturated Fat: 10g (50%), Cholesterol: 62mg (21%), Sodium: 45mg (2%), Potassium: 127mg (4%), Sugar: 13g (14%), Vitamin A: 645IU (13%), Vitamin C: 4.8mg (6%), Calcium: 93mg (9%)
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.
Leave a Comment