A 60-second honey lemonade recipe that’s naturally refined sugar-free, and made with just 2 ingredients! A perfect easy lemonade recipe for warm days.
This easy-to-make Honey Lemonade combines the tangy taste of fresh lemons with the natural sweetness of honey to create a delicious drink perfect for any occasion! So whether you want to cool off on a hot summer day or stay hydrated, this summer drink will ignite your taste buds!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Lemon Juice – Freshly squeezed or store-bought (100% real lemon juice).
- Honey – Your favorite honey naturally sweetens this refreshing drink.
How to Freshly Squeeze Lemons
- Citrus Juicer Attachment – Affix to your KitchenAid Mixer. Cut lemon into half. Turn mixer on 2 or 4 and press lemon on attachment with a bowl underneath to capture the juice.
- Citrus Squeezer – Cut lemon in half, place one half in the citrus squeezer, and squeeze over a pitcher or a bowl.
- By Hand – Roll lemon firmly on counter to soften. Slice lemon in half. Squeeze over bowl multiple times, pressing a spoon to release any remaining juice if needed.
An overview, visit the printable recipe card for complete ingredients and instructions.
- Juice – Juice your lemons or use real lemon juice.
- Add Water – Combine lemon juice with cold water to reduce the tartness.
- Whisk in Honey – Vigorously whisk to combine or in a large sealed jar or pitcher, shake. Garnish with a lemon wedge or fresh mint, and serve over a full glass of ice!
- For a super cold drink, pour lemonade into a cocktail shaker or sealed jar and shake with ice!
- Let honey dissolve before serving.
- Use filtered water for best results!
- Strawberry Lemonade – Use a muddler to mash up some fresh strawberries at the bottom of the glass or pitcher for a twist on the classic recipe.
- Blackberry Lemonade – Mash up blackberries in a bowl. Strain the juice and discard skins. Add juice to honey lemonade.
- Fresh Herbs – Adding fresh herbs like rosemary or mint is a great way to enhance the flavor profile!
- Delicious Cocktail – Turn this fresh lemonade into a cocktail by adding your favorite liquor!
How to Store
Refrigerate – Store in an airtight pitcher or covered in plastic wrap for up to 3 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Of course! However, I recommend using fresh lemon juice as it is a great source of Vitamin C and has more health benefits than bottled lemon juice!
Absolutely! You can use natural sweeteners like agave syrup, simple syrup, white sugar, or maple syrup!
Yes! You can add as much or as little honey, depending on your preference!
Yes! You can use wildflower honey, raw honey, Manuka honey, clover honey, etc.!
Of course! Simply double the recipe and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days!
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup honey
- Combine lemon juice and water in a large pitcher.
- Gradually whisk in honey until combined.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.