Make fragrant and moisturing bubble bath, at home!
Enjoy a little pampering time with the best homemade bubble bath. It is the perfect recipe for gifting. It makes a beautiful DIY Christmas Gift for friends and family, a wonderful addition to spa night, Valentine’s Day or to a Gift Basket with Milk Bath and Sugar Scrub.
It’s the perfect indulgence, yet easy and inexpensive to make. It leaves your skin feeling luxuriously soft while the subtle fragrance leaves you feeling relaxed.
It’s made with just a few simple ingredients – in minutes! It’s customizable, too!
This makes an excellent Mother’s Day gift! Check out this inspiring round-up of my favorite handmade Mother’s Day Gift Ideas.
What is in Bubble Bath?
Chances are you have almost everything you need in your kitchen!
- Liquid Glycerin – I like to use a clear odorless glycerin. It helps to keep your bubbles lasting longer.
- Unscented Dish Soap – Often labeled free and clear. You can also use liquid Castile soap.
- Essential Oil – Any essential oil that suits your senses works well in this recipe. Rose, eucalyptus, mint, lavender, lilac, orange, clove, grapefruit. The options are endless!
- Salt – This ingredient is optional, and you can use any variety of salt you chose. Pink Himalayan salt is said to reduce fatigue and stress in studies.
Tools You Need
- Measuring Cups
- Bottle with Lid
How to Make Homemade Bubble Bath
- Add liquid glycerin, dish soap and optional salt to bottle.
- Add essential oil (I start with 10 drops) to preference.
- Add lid and shake vigorously to combine.
How to Store
Bubble Bath should be stored in a sealed container or jar and at room temperature. It can typically last several months.
Use pretty bottles and add a ribbon and label or Christmas Gift Tag. You can add a little swag of greenery as well.
How to Use Homemade Bubble Bath
- Start running, warm to the touch, water in your bath.
- Shake bubble bath.
- Add ⅛ cup bubble bath or more as desired to running water.
- Test the water, climb in, relax, and enjoy!
How Often Can I use Bubble Bath?
Most studies say that not only are bubble baths enjoyable, but they help to relieve stress and help you relax along with many other possible health benefits.
With this homemade bubble bath, you don’t have to worry about any extra additives or chemicals. The best source for this question though is your own doctor, but in most cases it is safe to take a bath at least once a week. Be sure to drink plenty of water and moisture well after you get out.
More Natural Bath Recipes
- Rose Milk Bath
- Homemade Lilac Bath Milk
- Vanilla Brown Sugar Body Scrub
- Refreshing DIY Citrus Sugar Scrub
- Mint Milk Bath
- Citrus Coconut Scrub
- Orange Mint Sugar Scrub
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipe
- 1/3 Cup Liquid Glycerin
- 1/2 Cup Unscented Dish Soap
- Essential Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt optional
- Bottle to Store Bubble Bath
- Measure all ingredients into your mixing bowl.
- Mix gently until combined.
- Funnel into jar.
- Any essential oil will work wonderfully in this recipe so use your favorite. I used spearmint!