Espresso Cookies are a classic buttery shortbread cookie with a buttery crunch and rich espresso flavor made with staple ingredients and espresso powder. Latte Cookies easy to make and make a beautiful gift for the holidays.
So far I’ve shared these easy Christmas cookie recipes:
Do you love Christmas cookies as much as we do? You’ve got to try my chocolate chip pecan snowball cookies! It’s a classic, timeless cookie recipe with a delicious chocolate twist.
This year I’m sharing another very giftable Christmas cookie recipe – Espresso Cookies! Espresso Cookies are beautiful cutout cookies with rich espresso flavor and a nice buttery crunch.
Espresso Cookies or Latte Cookies are incredibly delicious and easy to make. They’re a twist on traditional shortbread cookies made with staple ingredients – butter, sugar, vanilla, flour, salt and of course, espresso powder!
How to Make Latte Cookies
Combine sugar, butter and vanilla.
Add flour, salt and espresso powdered until combined.
Shape dough into a disc, wrap and refrigerate.
Roll out dough and cut into shapes.
And add the optional espresso cream filling for an extra indulgent treat. It’s so good I could eat it by the spoonful! The espresso cream filling is made with water, espresso powder, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla.
What Kind of Espresso Powder Should I Use for Espresso Cookies?
How to Gift Latte Cookies
I have created free printable gift tags that say “Wishing you a latte joy” and “Sending you a latte love”. You can get them right here!
If you love latte a latte, you’ll also love this easy Latte Bread. You can make 6 giftable latte loaves in just 5 minutes hands on time.
If you make these Latte Cookies, don’t forget to tag @julieblanner and leave a 5 star review in the comments below!
Don’t forget to get your gift tags and check out these amazing Christmas cookie recipes:
- Fudge Dipped Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Mini Gingerbread Alphabet Cookies
- Gingerbread Egg Nog Cookie Sandwiches
- Christmas Sprinkle Cookie Cups
- Iced Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Linzer Cookies
- Mac Hack: Decorating Store-bought Macarons For The Holidays
Optional Espresso Cream Filling
- 2 tbsp hot tap water
- 1 tsp espresso powder heaping
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 2 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Add flour, espresso powder and salt and mix until combined.
- On floured plastic wrap, press into a disc shape (like a thick plate) wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- OPTIONAL: Meanwhile combine cream filling ingredients. Set aside.
- On floured parchment paper, roll dough to 1/4" thick.
- Cut dough into shapes and peel excess dough dough away. Transfer parchment paper filled with cutouts on cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes (based on a 3" cookie).
- OPTIONAL: Allow to cool and ice one cookie with cream and top with another cookie.
Wishing you a latte joy this holiday season!