This edible cookie dough recipe is the perfect sweet treat! So easy to make, this no bake recipe is a family favorite and is great to serve as a dessert or as a mid afternoon snack.
This eggless cookie dough comes together quickly and is made with pantry staple ingredients.
Get ready to make the most delicious and addictive edible cookie dough balls! This raw cookie dough is so yummy and yet so easy to make. I promise you as soon as you’ve made batch it will be requested again!
I love baking and I love the process of it, but sometimes you just don’t have the time to be watching over the oven, and that’s where edible cookie dough comes in.
Why You’ll Love this Edible Cookie Dough
It takes no time at all to whip up a batch, and then all you need to do is let it set in the fridge while you get on with your day. It’s the ultimate in convenient sweet treats!
If you’re anything like me, you can’t keep your hands off cookie dough, which often means it’s a struggle getting it into the oven! Now you can enjoy the dough safely, without sacrificing flavor!
Edible Cookie Dough Ingredients
- Butter – Unsalted butter is best to use. If you use salted you do not need to add additional salt to this recipe.
- Sugar – Granulated.
- Brown Sugar – Dark or light, firmly packed into the measuring cup.
- Applesauce – You read that right! Trust me, you’ll love it! If you prefer, you can substitute oil, but this offers the best, most traditional cookie dough flavor and consistency.
- Vanilla – I use Homemade Vanilla Extract, and it’s so easy to make, but store bought works as well. It’s best to use pure rather than imitation if you can.
- Flour – All purpose flour, heat treated flour if you prefer.
- Salt – A hint of salt brings out all the other flavors. If you’re using salted butter, simply eliminate the salt.
- Miniature Chocolate Chips – I use semi-sweet, but you can use milk or dark chocolate if you prefer or eliminate them altogether.
How To Make Edible Cookie Dough – Step by Step
- Mix the dry ingredients. Flour and salt, set aside. Ensure the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Beat butter, sugars, applesauce and vanilla until combined.
- Make the dough – In a large bowl or stand mixer, incorporate dry ingredients into wet.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls – it’s easiest to start with a cookie scoop then place between the palm of your hands to roll into a ball. Place the rolled balls onto a parchment lined tin and refrigerate.
Top Tips To Make Edible Cookie Dough
- Since this is an eggless cookie dough, you can enjoy it for up to a week! Simply store refrigerated in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
- You can mix the dough by hand or use a stand mixer, just ensure that it is well incorporated.
- For the creamiest chocolate chip cookie dough truffle flavor, serve at room temperature.
Ordinarily it is not advised to eat raw cookie dough because it contains raw eggs – it’s always best to bake those before eating! My edible cookie dough however doesn’t contain eggs so you can enjoy them without worry! This no bake eggless cookie dough uses applesauce to bind the ingredients and it gives it a delicious sweetness.
If you try this edible cookie dough recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too!
More No Bake Recipes
- The Best Butterscotch Squares
- No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Lemon Pie
- Easy No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
- Rudolph Nose Dough Balls No Bake Christmas Cookies
- No Bake Granola Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Cookie Dough Pie
- Dark Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 11 tablespoons butter softened, salted or unsalted, your preference
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Whisk dry ingredients. Flour and salt, set aside.
- Beat butter, sugars, applesauce and vanilla.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, incorporate dry ingredients into wet.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, form balls and roll in the palm of your hands.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.