Making your own sweet butter is an easy way to add flavor to your dishes and it’s so perfect for brunch! It’s so quick and easy to make your own flavored butter, choose from sugar, cocoa, strawberry or orange. What will be your favorite?
With brunch season upon us (Easter, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day are just around the corner!) I wanted to share one of my favorite ways to elevate your feast!
Serve with muffins, sweet bread, ciabatta, or a crusty french baguette.
Table of Contents
Sweet Butter Ingredients
- Butter – Use salted or unsalted butter, softened. This will achieve
- White Granulated Sugar – Sweetens butter adding a little crunch!
- Add cocoa powder for chocolate butter.
- Add strawberry, raspberry or peach preserves.
- Add Grand Marnier for orange butter
How To Make Sweet Butter
- Combine the ingredients with a spoon and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Using a melon baller for individual servings or an ice cream scoop for sharing, scoop into bowl or bread plate.
How Long Does Sweet Butter Keep?
The butter will last in the fridge for as long as the butter is good for, so simply make a note of the best before date. It can easily last for a couple of months! Cover the butter with plastic wrap to stop the air getting to it.
Can You Freeze Flavored Butter?
To freeze the butter, wrap it in plastic wrap to from a log and then cover tightly with foil. It will keep frozen for up to 3 months and you can thaw it in the fridge or at room temperature.
Do You Use Salted Or Unsalted Butter?
I prefer to use unsalted butter for these recipes, but you can use salted butter if you prefer. Using salted butter will give these spreads a sweet and salty flavor, so use that if that’s what you like!
- To Store, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. By wrapping it in foil as well you will stop the butter picking up odors from your other ingredients in the fridge.
- Ensure that all of the ingredients are well combined before chilling.
- Use softened butter so that it is easy to combine. Follow my quick tips for softening butter.
Want more? Receive the best ideas directly to your inbox and connect on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
If you try this recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar until well combined.
- Refrigerate until use. Bring to room temperature to serve.