My Beer Bread mix is a great thing to keep on hand during the holidays as an easy gift. This four ingredient dry mix is perfect for gift baskets and it takes just minutes to put together.
This is an excellent gift for friends, neighbors, and anyone on your holiday gift list this year!
With the holidays quickly approaching, I’m thinking about quick and easy gifts that I know my friends and family will enjoy. I like to keep things on hand for those last-minute lunches or party invitations.
I have started packing some of my favorite recipes, starting with my beer bread mix. The recipient can then enjoy fresh baked bread on a whim with just the addition of butter and a bottle of beer, which I include in the gift boxes.
Everyone loves freshly baked bread, but not everyone makes it! Make it easy for friends and family to bake at home with this simple mix.
Beer Bread Mix Ingredients
- Flour – You can use bread flour or all-purpose. Be sure to sift it before mixing with the other ingredients.
- Baking Powder – Makes the bread rise when it is baked.
- Salt – A little salt enhances the flavor and strengthens the gluten structure of the dough.
- Sugar – Sugar helps the bread to get wonderfully soft by absorbing some of the water.
To Make Bread
I like to add the two ingredients to make this bread ready to make to the gift basket.
- Beer – Use your favorite beer. I like to use a craft brown ale or porter that have stronger flavors, but a lager will also work well.
- Butter – Use unsalted butter for this beer bread recipe.
How To Make Beer Bread Mix
- Prep – Sift the flour.
- Combine – Mix the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Store – Store in a sealed bag with a label, ready for gifting.
- Sift – I recommend that you sift the flour before mixing it in with the other ingredients. It makes it lighter and easier to combine with the other dry ingredients.
How to Store
Room Temperature – Store it in an airtight container or in a plastic gifting bag. It will keep well for 2 to 3 months.
Create a Gift Basket
It’s so quick and easy to make up the gift baskets. Fill the basket with the packaged beer bread mix, a bottle of beer, a jar of honey butter and add a beautiful gift tag! It makes a great hostess gift or holiday gifts for friends and family.
Add Your Own Instruction Label
I created the labels in some of my favorite colors for Fall & the holidays – mint and a deep grayish green. Click here to download the free printable label that coordinates with the Martha Stewart Avery Labels 72433. Of course, you can always use standard Avery labels and cut them to size (see my must have craft supplies).
Subscribers receive access to my free printable library that includes “Wishing you a sweet Christmas” gift tags. You can join here!
If you try this recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too!
More Edible Gift Ideas
Beer Bread Mix
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Pour into a clear plastic treat bag and seal with the label.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.