How to make a beautiful and festive Christmas Appetizer – a Brie Wreath! Baked Brie is always a crowd pleasing appetizer during the holidays and like most of my easy recipes, just takes a few ingredients to make!
One of my favorite crowd pleasing Christmas appetizers for the last 10+ years has been baked brie in puff pastry. It has been my entertaining go to because it’s incredibly easy and uses just 3 ingredients.
From the first bite you’ll hear guests go wild over this easy Christmas appetizer. A Brie Wreath is a festive way to celebrate the holidays and a fun twist on baked brie in puff pastry!
This recipe requires a little bit more time than most of my appetizers, but is totally worth it.
How to Make a Brie Wreath
- Cut a brie wheel into multiple circles using a knife or petit four cutter. If using a knife, you can roll the brie into balls to help make the wreath consistent in shape and size. If you’re really lucky, you’ll find brie bites / individual bries in your grocery store to speed up the process, otherwise it just takes 5-10 minutes to cut them yourself.
- After rolling out your puff pastry dough according to package instructions, place your brie rounds on the pastry and cut squares around them.
- Wrap the pastry around the brie, press to seal and cut to remove any excess.
- Brush with egg and water mixture to seal and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet in a circle to create a wreath.
- Bake and allow to cool.
- Garnish with rosemary and cranberries using toothpick. Cut 1/3 of a toothpick, insert into one half of a cranberry and secure through rosemary and brie wreath.
- Serve with your favorite crackers! You can also serve with cranberry chutney or jams!
This Baked Brie Wreath is gooey, buttery and downright delicious! The puff pastry gives in a nice texture. The brie wreath makes perfect portions for guests and are easy to separate. It doesn’t have to be perfect to feel perfectly festive, either!
More Easy Christmas Appetizers
If you make this Baked Brie Wreath Christmas Appetizer, don’t forget to rate it in the comments below! I always appreciate your feedback and it helps others decide to take the leap on trying this amazing recipe.
Brie Wreath Christmas Appetizer
How to make a beautiful and festive Christmas Appetizer - a Brie Wreath! Baked Brie is always a crowd pleasing appetizer during the holidays and like most of my easy recipes, just takes a few ingredients to make!
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 brie wheel
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- 3 cranberries
- 2 sprigs rosemary
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Thaw and unfold pastry on floured surface per package directions. Roll out using flour as needed.
Cut brie wheel into equal circles using a knife or petit four cutters.
Place brie circles on puff pastry and cut squares to cover them.
Cover each circle pressing puff pastry to seal on bottom. Make sure they are sealed tight so brie doesn't leak out.
Mix water and egg to create an egg wash. Brush onto the bottom over the seal. Form into a wreath shape and coat the wreath.
Bake 13. Remove and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
If any brie leaks during baking, don't fret. After it has cooled for 10 minutes remove excess with a knife and transfer to serving dish.