This Mojito Recipe (we call it a Mojito Receta for a little Spanish twist!) is the ultimate refreshing summer cocktail. It’s an EASY Mojito Recipe that features the vibrant flavor and fragrance of fresh squeezed limes and mint, balanced with rum, soda and sugar.
It’s cocktail week! Why? Because it’s summer – the season of refreshing, vibrant cocktails.
I’m so excited to share a few of my favorite ways to enjoy one amazing cocktail – the mojito! I’ve shared a Mojito Float, a Skinny Mojito and even a Watermelon Mojito. But in the name of options, I want to give you more.
This Mojito Receta is where it all started. It’s a classic Mojito made with white rum, lime, mint, simple syrup or cubed sugar. I fell in love with this classic cocktail when vacationing in Mexico years ago and haven’t been able to get enough of it ever since! Mojitos are a Cuban cocktail that have been embraced the world over because of their refreshing, tangy flavor.
It’s a sweet summer sip, perfectly balanced with the sweet taste of mint and the tangy citrus of fresh limes. I warn you – one is never enough!
The key to a memorable mojito is a perfectly balanced combination of sweetness, acidity and fragrance.
Or shall I say mojito ingredientes!
- Rum – Rum is the foundation for this amazing cocktail. The best rum for mojitos is white rum – you’ll often see it referred to as silver rum, blanco rum or light rum.
- Mint – Fresh mint adds a lot of flavor. When muddled, the oils release both flavor and fragrance. A sprig also makes a beautiful garnish.
- Lime – When lime juice blends with mint – magic happens! The sweet citrus flavor releases with the squeeze of a lime. While you can use bottled lime juice, I promise that fresh-squeezed flavor is worth the extra step!
- Soda Water – Also known as sparkling water, it adds a few bubbles to this cocktail. Club soda is my soda water of choice for this Mojito receta.
- Mojito Syrup or Sugar – This essential ingredient sweetens the cocktail. Whether you choose to muddle your lime and mint with a couple cubes of sugar or blend it with a mojito syrup (just Simple Syrup) you’ll love this easy cocktail.
How to Make Mojito Syrup
You can use mojito syrup – (aka simple syrup) or sugar cubes to make the perfect mojito. To make mojito syrup, simply:
- Combine equal parts water and sugar (I typically use a cup of each) in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until all sugar has dissolved and remove from heat to cool.
Should you choose to use sugar cubes or granulate sugar, muddle it with mint and lime to help it dissolve.
A mojito muddler is a bar tool similar to a pestle. It is use to mash fruits and herbs to release their flavor.
If You Don’t Have a Muddler, that’s okay! You don’t need every bar tool and accessory to make an incredibly flavorful cocktail. Instead of a classic mojito muddler, try using the end of a wooden spoon! It will work well, although it might take a touch longer to truly release the mint and lime flavors.
How to Make This Amazing Mojito Receta
- Start with a mojito glass.
- Muddle lime and mint.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Pour rum over ice.
- Add simple syrup.
- Top off with Club Soda, stir and garnish.
The joy of this easy mojito recipe is that you can experiment to find your ideal version of sweet, minty and citrusy. Play with the ingredients to find your perfect mix! If you like a little more lime (or a little more rum), that’s great! Less syrup or sugar, that’s perfect too. This cocktail is so flexible and yet always, always, delicious.
What’s your favorite summertime sip? I’d love to hear! If you make this classic Mojito Receta, please come back and share. Pin to Pinterest, share on Instagram, or join my Facebook share group for more fun ideas!
This Mojito Recipe (we call it a Mojito Receta for a little Spanish twist!) is the ultimate refreshing summer cocktail. It's an EASY Mojito Recipe that features the vibrant flavor and fragrance of fresh squeezed limes and mint, balanced with rum, soda and sugar.
- 1/2 lime quartered
- 5 mint leaves
- ice filled to the brim
- 1.5 oz white rum
- 2 tbsp simple syrup
- 1/2 c club soda or to taste
Start with a mojito glass.
Muddle lime and mint.
Fill the glass with ice.
Pour rum over ice.
Add simple syrup.
Top off with club soda.
Stir and garnish with lime slice and/or mint sprigs.
If you don't have a taditional muddler, that's okay! Instead of a classic mojito muddler, try using the end of a wooden spoon.
Play with the ingredients until you get it exactly as you like it! Try using more or less lime or syrup, etc.