A beautiful quick strawberry tart recipe that takes just 5 minutes to make! It’s the perfect berry tart for brunches, birthdays & showers! This lower calorie fruit tart comes together with just 4 ingredients and it’s great for a last minute dessert. Packed full of fresh strawberries, it’s so perfect for the summer months!
My friend Amanda and I are always sharing our love for the blend of sweet and savory. Brunch is a beautiful fusion of the two – sweet pastries and fruits paired with salty bacon and eggs, all in one meal.
When designing a brunch menu, I plan a mix of make ahead dishes and a few favorites that are quick and easy to prepare so that I can appreciate the company I’m in. This month we have been blessed entertain a lot of friends and family.
That’s why I love simple dishes made from staple ingredients like my skinny strawberry tart. It takes just 5 minutes hands on time and is a stunning addition to a brunch bar!
You can make this strawberry tart in a full sheet if you’re serving a lot of guests, just double the strawberries and sugar. Tarts are just naturally beautiful, there’s no reason to fuss over them.
You can make this fruit tart ahead of time and keep it covered in the fridge and then serve it chilled or het it gently in the oven.
Strawberry Tart Ingredients
- Puff Pastry – You just need one sheet of store bought puff pastry for this dessert. If you are blessed with time, you can obviously make your own pastry, but I love the convenience of the ready to use variety.
- Strawberries – Use fresh ripe strawberries that are firm. If you can buy organic.
- Salt – Finish the tart with a small pinch of cracked salt. It really helps to bring the sweetness out and makes those strawberries pop.
How To Make a Strawberry Tart – Step By Step
- Roll out your sheet of puff pastry on parchment paper.
- Add a cup of sliced strawberries.
- Sprinkle sugar over the top.
- Add a few cracks of salt.
- Fold the edges over. Bake and enjoy (with wine, of course)!
More Easy Brunch Recipes
This strawberry tart makes a perfect centerpiece if you are hosting a brunch, but you cant have just sweets at a party, even though we all wish we could! To make a full brunch menu, (with drinks!) serve it alongside these other recipes:
- Bacon and cheese puffs
- Onion Tart
- Overnight Monkey Bread
- Orange Rolls (in Just 1 Hour)
- Peach Champagne Punch Brunch Cocktail
- Brunch Signature Cocktail
- Use fresh strawberries – frozen strawberries will contain too much liquid. They should be firm so that they hold their shape when you bake the tart.
- Thaw your puff pastry sheet before use to prevent cracking.
- Bake the strawberry tart in a pre-heated oven so that the tart cooks evenly and the pastry puffs.
More Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Muffins
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Lemon Mimosa
- No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
If you try this yummy strawberry tart, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- fresh cracked salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll thawed puff pastry sheet on a sheet of lightly floured parchment paper.
- Add a cup on strawberries. If desired, use a cake pan and a pizza cutter to create a circle vs rectangle.
- Sprinkle sugar over top. Add 3 cracks of salt.
- Fold edges over and bake 15 minutes or until edges are slightly golden.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.