The best prosciutto pizza recipe with a secret sauce!
We love everything prosciutto – it’s the perfect addition to any sandwich, pasta, chicken or pizza. I’ve even wrapped peaches in prosciutto! It’s incredibly delicious on this easy to make Prosciutto Pizza!
We make it with a secret “sauce”. Well, actually jam! Fig is my jam. Figs themselves are absolutely gorgeous and sweet as candy.
I love tossing them in salads, snacking on them, or using the jam in a crostini bar – and on pizza! Yes, pizza.
The sweet fig flavor balances a salty prosciutto, which is why it is my absolute favorite pizza recipe. You’ll crave again and again!
I’ve been seeing the “porky fig” combination in so many ways, salads, pizzas, sandwiches and appetizers and this is one bandwagon I am all over. I’m incorporating it into everything.
Making pizza at home is so simple and it’s a meal that the girls love helping me with. I roll out the store bought dough purchased in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
I particularly love Trader Joe’s. You can also purchase fresh pizza dough at most pizzerias. The girls add the sauce, toppings and cheese and are so proud of their creations.
We all love this Prosciutto Pizza recipe, but Isla just can’t get enough of it! Psst… if you’re looking for a classic pizza night, be sure to check out my classic pizza sauce!
My secret to really great pizza is freshly shredded cheese. It takes just a couple additional minutes, but it is so much creamier! Brushing a little olive oil on the crust never hurts either! As I’ve mentioned in previous pizza recipes, I prefer to buy my pizza dough from local pizzerias, but grocery store doughs work as well, I’ve just never found one I love near as much.
Learn how to cook pizza on the grill here!
The Porky Fig Pizza Recipe
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- pizza dough
- olive oil
- fig jam
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 pound fontina
- 1/4 pound mozzarella
- 1/8 pound prosciutto
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees or as specified on your dough.
- In a medium saucepan on medium low, add 2 tablespoons olive oil & onion. Allow to caramelize while preparing the pizza.
- Roll dough out on floured surface, brush crust with olive oil.
- Using a large spoon, smooth a light layer of fig jam over the crust. Repeat with minced garlic.
- Sprinkle cheese over the crust.
- Add prosciutto & caramelized red onion.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or as specified on your dough.
- Freshly shredded cheese. It takes just a couple additional minutes, but it is so much creamier!
- Brushing a little olive oil on the crust never hurts either!
- Purchase pizza dough from local pizzerias or the grocery store.
Try this recipe on your next Pizza Night!
Learn how to make pizza on the grill here! What is your favorite pizza recipe or combination?