No Bake Peanut Butter Bars that are gluten free, sweet and salty and oh so delicious! This easy Peanut Butter Bars recipe uses just 5 ingredients – peanut butter, chocolate chips, butter, chips and powdered sugar.
Is there anything better than a sweet and salty dessert? I just can’t resist the flavor packed combo. We celebrated with friends over the weekend and I brought my favorite No Bake Peanut Butter Bars made with my Kettle Chips, for some sweet and salty fun!
They’re incredibly quick and easy to make, which is essential for last-minute get togethers. They’re delightfully chilled for a fantastic fall or summer treat.
These No Bake Peanut Butter Bars melt in your mouth and can be likened to “crack.” They’re just that good! It’s no wonder why they were featured on MSN!
Shall we get down to the good stuff?
This recipe consists of just 5 simple ingredients. Peanut butter, chocolate chips, powdered sugar, butter and kettle chips, of course!
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars:
Crush kettle chips and blend with peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar. Pour into lined baking dish.
Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter and pour over the chip mixture. Refrigerate, cut and enjoy!
I love the slightly crunchy crust paired with the smooth chocolate. I added a little sea salt. You know, for good measure!
Tips for Keeping No Bake Peanut Butter Bars:
- Refrigerate before serving
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week
Many of you will be happy to know that these fantastic bars are also gluten-free!
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 bag Kettle Brand chips
- 1 c peanut butter
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 12 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 1/2 c milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 c peanut butter regular, not natural
- Using a food processor or a tightly sealed bag and mallet, crush chips and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix 1 c peanut butter, powdered sugar and butter into the crushed chips. Pour into 9x9" pan. I line mine with parchment paper, but they come out easily, even when ungreased.
- Combine chocolate chips and ¼ c peanut butter. Microwave in 15 second intervals until smooth. Pour over the chip mixture, using a spatula to smooth.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours and serve chilled.
Originally published July 2015, updated September 2018