Melting Snowman Hot Chocolate Bombs are deceivingly easy to make and incredibly delicious, too. They’re the ultimate holiday gift and fun to watch as they melt into a creamy cup of hot chocolate!
This Christmas hot chocolate bomb is a fun twist on White Hot Chocolate Bombs. They’re so simple and SO fun!
Decorated with a carrot nose and a smile, these will be sure to make your hearts melt as they do! Watch the awe on children’s faces as they watch their Melting Snowman Hot Chocolate bomb melt into a creamy cup of hot chocolate.
Hot Chocolate Bombs are all the rage and so easy to customize! The options are endless! Grinch Hot Chocolate Bombs for the holidays, Mexican Hot Chocolate Bombs, Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Bombs, Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs, Dark Chocolate Bombs (in the shape of gingerbread men) and even melting mummy and ghost Halloween Hot Chocolate Bombs.
Have no fear – no decorating or candy making skills needed here to make these adorable melting snowmen! You can make them from start to finish in minutes and they’re sure to be one of the most memorable Homemade Christmas Gifts and stocking stuffers!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I receive a small commission at no cost to you!
I love a good warm mug of something cozy, fragrant and seasonal, don’t you? I hope you’ll join me in this incredibly fun hot chocolate bomb craze… I promise you won’t regret it!
Local bakeries offer Hot Chocolate Bombs for $5 or more apiece! However, you can easily make these on your own and thrill your friends and family with all the holiday joy.
Why You’ll Love these Christmas Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Great Gift Idea
What You need to Make Melting Snowman Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Chocolate Sphere Mold – You can use a truffle size for mini bombs, but 2 inches and larger is ideal for filling and yields the most amazing cup of hot chocolate. I prefer a 2.5 inch mold because it’s the perfect amount of chocolate for a cup of hot milk.
- Clear Glass Mugs – These mugs are the best diameter for this size of hot chocolate bomb. Bonus! It’s so much fun to watch the melting happen before your eyes. You can wrap Hot Chocolate Bombs in mugs with cellophane and tie with a ribbon for gifting!
- Baking Sheet – Any will do! It makes transferring them to and from the refrigerator or freezer easy, and makes a great surface to drip out the excess chocolate.
- White Chocolate – White melting wafers, chocolate chips or baking chocolate.
- Marshmallow Bits – So fun to fill hot chocolate bombs and add to the creamy consistency.
- White Hot Chocolate Mix – Store-bought or homemade white hot chocolate mix fills the bombs to add an extra dose of creamy white chocolate flavor.
How to Make Melting Snowman Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Melt Chocolate – To begin, melt white chocolate wafers in a small, microwave-safe bowl on 50% power in 15 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth. *Don’t overcook your chocolate!
- Fill Mold – Next, add a spoonful of melted chocolate to each mold cavity. Using the back of a teaspoon, spread until completely covered.
- Eliminate Excess – Invert mold onto a parchment lined baking sheet and lightly shake to remove excess. Discard parchment and place mold on baking sheet (chocolate side up). Scrape edges of each cavity if needed.
- Freeze to Set – Freeze for seven minutes. With chocolate side down, press gently on the top of each sphere to carefully remove onto your baking sheet.
- Warm Plate and Spoon – Meanwhile warm a plate in the microwave, dishwasher or oven and boil a glass of water to easily warm a spoon.
- Fill – Remove the chocolate spheres from freezer and fill each of 3 spheres with one tablespoon of white hot chocolate mix and 2 tablespoons marshmallow bits.
- Seal – Place the edge of a sphere on the hot plate to lightly melt chocolate. Place the melted chocolate edge on filled half to seal, handling the chocolate as little as possible. Optional: If needed, dip a spoon in hot water, dry and run the back of it along the edges to seal.
- Decorate – Using black writing icing or an icing marker, make 2 eyes and a mouth to create dots. Using the orange writing icing to make a carrot nose, squeezing at the start and allowing it to trail at the end.
- Set – To set, freeze for five minutes or refrigerate 30 minutes. Store at room temperature until serving.
How to Use a Melting Snowman Bomb
- To make a cup of hot chocolate, place one white hot chocolate bomb in a mug.
- Pour one cup of hot milk over bomb.
- Stir until incorporated and enjoy!
- Top with homemade whipped cream
- Garnish with crushed peppermint or white chocolate shavings
- Stir with a candy cane
- Read Each Step of Instructions Before Starting – These come together so quickly that it’s best to read the recipe first and be prepared.
- Don’t Overheat – White chocolate can burn easily, stir every 15 seconds until smooth.
- Adjust Serving Size – Want to double or triple this recipe? Use the 1x2x3x tab in the printable recipe to change the calculations for you!
White chocolate tastes less like traditional chocolate, and more like vanilla. It’s just as creamy as traditional chocolate, but with more of a sweet, fragrant vanilla flavoring and less bitterness and bite.
These hot chocolate bombs are so much fun for gifting!
I love a gift that is cute, creative and affordable. You’ll not only have fun making them, but the recipient can enjoy the experience of watching them melt before their eyes!
Simply place your bomb inside a mug. Clear glass mugs work well because the recipient can watch the magic happen from each angle. Wrap with cellophane and a pretty bow and you’re all set!
Use my printable gift tags for a sweet, customized touch.
How to Store
- Room Temperature – Store at room temperature for up to two weeks in an airtight container or a food safe cellophane bag. Store in a dark pantry.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
If you make your own melting snowmen, don’t forget to leave a 5 star rating in the recipe card!
Hungry for more easy recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club and have amazing recipes delivered directly to your inbox each week!
- Funfetti Dessert Snowman Cheese Ball
- Rudolph Nose Dough Balls
- Reindeer Brownies
- Red Wine and Chocolate Gift Basket
- Candy House Sugar Cookie Cake
- Pesto Cheeseball Wreath
- 8 ounces White Chocolate White melting wafers, chocolate chips or baking chocolate.
- 6 tablespoons Marshmallow Bits
- 3 tablespoons White Hot Chocolate Mix
- black writing icing
- orange writing icing
- Melt white chocolate in a small, microwave-safe bowl on 50% power in 15 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Add a heaping spoonful of melted chocolate to each cavity. Using the back of a teaspoon, spread until completely covered.
- Invert mold onto a parchment lined baking sheet and lightly shake to remove excess. Discard parchment and place mold on baking sheet (white chocolate side up). Scrape edges of each cavity if needed.
- Freeze 7 minutes.
- Remove mold from freezer. With chocolate side down, press gently on the top of each sphere to carefully remove onto your baking sheet.
- Meanwhile warm a plate in the microwave, dishwasher or oven and boil a glass of water to warm a spoon.
- Remove from freezer and fill each of 3 spheres with a tablespoon of white hot chocolate mix and 2 tablespoons marshmallow bits.
- Place the bottom of an empty chocolate sphere on the hot plate to lightly melt chocolate. Place the melted chocolate edge on filled half to seal, handling the chocolate as little as possible. Optional: If needed, dip a spoon in hot water, dry and run the back of it along the edges to seal.
- Using the black writing icing, make 2 eyes and a mouth to create dots. Using the orange writing icing make a carrot nose squeezing at the start and allowing it to trail at the end.
To StoreRoom Temperature – After you make them, hot chocolate bombs can be stored at room temperature for up to two weeks in an airtight container or a food safe cellophane gift bag. Make sure you’re storing them in a pantry or away from heat sources or sun.
How to Use A Melting Snowman Hot Chocolate Bomb
- To make 1 cup of hot chocolate, place 1 melting snowman chocolate bomb in a mug.
- Pour 1 cup of hot milk over bomb and watch your snowman melt.
- Stir until well incorporated and enjoy!
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.