These soft and chewy Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are naturally gluten-free and so easy to make! With just a few simple ingredients, no one will ever know this is a cookie recipe without flour. Simple and sweet, you won’t be able to resist that classic peanut butter and chocolate combination!
The beauty of baking homemade cookies from scratch is that there is always a way to make them your own. Which is part of the reason why I love these flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
It takes a classic flavor combination and makes them lighter without the use of flour. I thought it best to share a simple, homemade peanut butter cookie recipe since gluten-free is all the craze these days. If you are gluten-free, be sure to check out my Decadent Flourless Brownies.
The girls simply devoured them – and I may have eaten one too many, myself. With the right ingredients in hand, I know you will love them, too!
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
- Peanut Butter – I prefer creamy peanut butter, but you can use crunchy, your choice! For best results, don’t use natural peanut butter that separates. A mixed peanut butter such as Natural Jif or Skippy gives you the best texture.
- Sugar – Regular, granulated sugar is best. If you would like to reduce the calories, reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup.
- Egg – The egg helps bind the peanut butter cookie batter together. Bring to room temperature before adding to the mix.
- Salt – Fine sea salt is best for all baking recipes.
- Vanilla – I like to use homemade vanilla extract for that extra special touch. If you’re in a pinch, store-bought works, too.
- Baking Soda – This gives these gluten-free cookies their lift.
- Chocolate Chips – Semi-sweet, milk, white, regular, chunks, miniature – the choice is up to you! My favorite is Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips, but they also have a dark chocolate chip version, which is absolutely divine.
How To Make Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
It’s so quick and easy to make these gluten-free cookies!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, and egg. Add salt, vanilla, and baking soda.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll into a ball or scoop onto a cookie sheet, about 1 Tablespoon in size. Bake 11 minutes. Serve warm!
They’re naturally gluten-free, but you’ll never miss the flour. These really stack up to traditional peanut butter cookies without the flour.
Is Peanut Butter Gluten-Free?
Yes, peanut butter is naturally gluten-free. However, a brand can only put the Gluten-Free stamp on it if the peanut butter is produced in a facility where there is no risk of cross-contamination.
Nowadays, with the gluten-free diet being all the craze, you can find the label on just about everything. Most mixed peanut butter brands are certified Gluten-Free, but just double-check the label to make sure.
Are Chocolate Chips Gluten-Free?
Yes, chocolate chips are naturally gluten-free, as well. But again, it all comes down to the manufacturer.
My favorite brands, Nestle and Hershey’s, have the gluten-free logo on their chocolate chips, so you know they are certified. But as always, check your labels for added assurance.
If you want to take it a step further and make these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies dairy-free, Enjoy Life makes wonderful chocolate chips, chunks, and minis that are certified gluten-free and dairy-free, too!
Can You Use Natural Peanut Butter In These Flourless Cookies?
You can use natural peanut butter in this recipe if you prefer, but it is often unsalted, so you may need to add a little extra salt to the dough. They also tend to spread out more and have a crispier texture. You can use smooth or crunch peanut butter for this recipe.
How To Store Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
These homemade gluten-free cookies are best stored in an airtight container, with pieces of parchment between each layer, for up to 1 week.
For longer storage, place the cooled cookies in a plastic freezer storage bag, seal, label, date, and store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Tips For The Best Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Add a few cracks fresh sea salt on top – it really makes these cookies craveable.
- Use a small cookie scoop to get perfectly portioned cookies every time!
- Do not overbake – this helps to keep the cookies soft and tender.
- Serve warm! Alternatively, warm for 10-15 seconds in the microwave. Though they are amazing at room temperature!
More Flourless Cookie Recipes You’ll Love:
- Meringue Cookies Recipe
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies (that are flourless!)
- Chocolate Turtle Cookies
- Meringue Cookies (Snowball Cookies)
If you try this Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, please come back to share using my 5-star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too! For more easy recipes and simple living ideas, subscribe to my newsletter!
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 c peanut butter
- 1 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine peanut butter, sugar and egg. Add salt, vanilla and baking soda.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls or scoop onto a cookie sheet. Bake 11 minutes.
originally published November 2013, updated November 2019.