Meringue Cookies, or as I lovingly call them around the holidays, Snowball Cookies, are made with just 2 staple ingredients! They’re fun to make on a whim and are naturally low calorie and gluten free! They offer a lot of crunch for very minimal effort!
On the second day of cookies…
Growing up, my mom would make nighty nights during the Christmas season. I loved how light and crunchy they were! We called these Meringue Cookies nighty nights because you put them to bed – in the oven, overnight.
Several years ago I shared that recipe – before I had a camera or knew anyone was actually reading my lifestyle website! Let’s not look back, okay? I made a simple adaptation to these Meringue Cookies for a pretty little wintery twist.
I omitted the green dye and made them into snowballs! What’s even better is these Meringue Cookies require only two staple ingredients – eggs and sugar and take just 10 minutes hands on time to make. The rest of the magic happens while you’re comfortably sleeping – dreaming of these sweet little snowball Meringue Cookies!
You can dust them with powdered sugar or clear crystal sprinkles, to bring a little extra sparkle to the cookies and faces of those enjoying them!
How Many Calories are in Meringue Cookies?
These cookies are gluten free and low calories, coming in at just 30 calories each! Meringue Cookies also have just 4 carbs each. Who doesn’t love a cookie with less guilt? Or a few!
How to Make Meringue Cookies
- Preheat oven.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until it forms a very stiff peak.
- Using a cookie scoop to form “balls,” drop onto a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Turn the oven off and place cookies inside overnight or 8 hours. No peeking!
Tips for Making Meringue Cookies
- If possible, bring eggs to room temperature first for best results (30 minutes).
- If you don’t have a cookie scoop, you can drop by the teaspoonful.
- Make sure all of your tools (mixer, whisk, bowl, cookie sheet) are free of grease.
If you make these Meringue Cookies, don’t forget to rate the recipe in the comments below, enjoy!
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 c sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually add sugar & beat until it forms a very stiff peak.
- Using a cookie scoop to form "balls," drop onto a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Turn the oven off & place cookies inside overnight or 8 hours. No peeking!