These chewy Chocolate Mint Cookies stuffed with Andes candy are for all those chocolate mint lovers! Rich, decadent and chocolate-y, it is the best recipe for Christmas and the holiday season!
Serve them to all your friends and family at your next holiday get-together or cookie exchange.
‘Tis the season for stuffing things – bellies and cookies! Over the weekend Adalyn and I made chocolate mint stuffed cookies and they turned out so good!
They’re the cookie version of mint chocolate chip ice cream – the girls’ favorite. A chewy, chocolatey brownie flavor with a hint of mint and the perfect “crunch.”
Growing up, my mom always kept Andes Mints in the butter compartment of the refrigerator for a quick fix. I loved how they were just a little something to cure a sweet tooth. When halved, they add just the right amount of flavor and texture to my favorite chocolate cookies.
Love a good chocolate dessert? Don’t skip these incredible Phyllo Brownies – they are the best combination of dense, fudgey chocolate and crispy light phyllo edges!
Table of Contents
Chocolate Mint Cookies Ingredients
- Butter – Unsalted, sweet cream butter is best for these chocolate mint cookies. Soften to room temperature for best results.
- Sugar – For sweetness and texture, make sure to cream the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Eggs – Bring to room temperature before adding to the chocolate cookie dough.
- Vanilla – Fragrant sweetness you just can’t get from sugar. Pure vanilla extract is the good stuff.
- Flour – All-purpose flour is all you need to make these decadent holiday cookies. My favorite brands are Pillsbury or Gold’s Medal.
- Cocoa – I used natural cocoa powder as compared to the Dutch-processed variety. Hershey’s makes a wonderful natural dark chocolate cocoa that really lets the chocolate flavor shine.
- Baking Soda – This helps the cookies remain tender and gives them that slight chewy texture.
- Salt – Believe it or not, but salt actually helps the cookies taste sweeter and even more chocolate-y. Fine sea salt is best for all baking recipes.
- Andes Mints – This is what puts the mint in chocolate mint cookies. Those famous Andes melt beautifully into the center of the cookie. And it’s a nice, minty surprise when biting into the freshly baked cookie!
How To Make Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla until just combined.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt until just combined. Refrigerate the chocolate mint cookie dough at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a cookie scoop or your hands, roll 1 1/4 inch dough ball. Make a divet in the center and insert the Andes mint. Cover with chocolate mint cookie dough.
- Bake 9 minutes, or until slightly gooey in the center.
As a bonus, I garnished with a little extra Andes mints just after I pulled them out of the over for added color. The mints gently melt on top of the warm cookies, making them extra divine.
How To Store Andes Mint Cookies
These chocolate mint cookies keep best, stored in an airtight container, for up to 5 days on the kitchen counter.
The cookies freeze beautifully, too. Once completely cool, place the homemade chocolate cookies in a plastic freezer storage bag, seal, label, date and keep in the freezer for up to 1 month. Simply defrost to room temperature when ready to serve.
Needless to say, an Andes Chocolate Mint Cookie is a fun and festive holiday recipe your family and friends will adore. Bring them to your next cookie exchange for a delicious-ly good time!
If you try this Chocolate Mint Cookies recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too! For more easy recipes and simple living ideas, subscribe to my newsletter!
More Holiday Recipes You’ll Love:
- The Best Soft Snickerdoodles
- Elf Cookies
- Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Latte Joy Espresso Cookies
- (Gooey Butter) Eggnog Cookies
- Meringue Cookies Recipe
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies (White Christmas Cookies)
- Caramel Cheesecake Cookies
- Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
Chewy Chocolate Mint Cookies
- 1 1/4 c butter softened
- 2 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 3/4 c cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 18 Andes mints halved
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add in eggs and vanilla until just incorporated.
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Refrigerate dough 30+ minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a cookie scoop (or roll a 1 1/4" dough ball) scoop dough, make a pit with your finger to insert chocolate and cover with excess dough.
- Bake 9 minutes.