If there’s one thing I loved as a child, it was hot chocolate. Little did I know at the time that I wasn’t experiencing good hot chocolate. My mom was always conscience of our sugar intake and having hot chocolate was a special treat. I didn’t think twice when she’d open a packet, pour half in a cup of hot water, stir and serve. As I’ve grown, so have my tastes and that half pack of watered down mix just isn’t enough. If you’re going to do something, do it right, right? This creamy hot chocolate recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make and is so dreamy! And hey, it’s another way to squeeze in a little calcium.
It’s as simple as…
adding sweetened condensed milk to make it extra creamy
and whisking in milk. Enjoy!
- 1 c chocolate chips or chocolate melting wafers
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4½ c milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a pot over medium heat, melt chocolate. Add sweetened condensed milk and stir until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, whisking until smooth.
- Whisk in vanilla and serve.
Cheers for chocolate!