This Skinny Raspberry Vinaigrette Recipe is a light and fruity salad dressing made with 4 simple ingredients! This sweet and tart raspberry vinaigrette dressing is sure to add a pop of zing to your favorite salad. And with a few simple tips, it is healthy and low in calories, too!
In Kansas City, we frequented a restaurant called Ingredient. Among other things, they offered a create your own salad. They had an extensive list of fresh ingredients to choose from that you could check off a create-your-own-salad pad of paper. At first I found it a little overwhelming, but after a few tries, I found my perfect salad with a surprisingly good raspberry vinaigrette.
Flashback 10 years and I wouldn’t touch a salad if you paid me. As you grow older, it’s true, your tastes change and develop, but I think I prematurely determined that I didn’t like salad. I let one bad bite dictate years of my life. Later I discovered that it was iceberg lettuce that I didn’t care for. Through the years, I’ve come to appreciate that, too, just covered in heavy dressing. It was actually adding fruit vinegars to my salad dressings that really began my craving for them and inspired this raspberry vinaigrette recipe. It was very unexpected for me! Now, I can’t get enough. I almost always choose fruit vinegar based salad dressings!
Raspberry Vinaigrette Ingredients
- Raspberry Vinegar – Yes, raspberry vinegar is a thing! And the star of the show. It’s perfectly tart and sweet, giving this homemade salad dressing a bright, clean flavor. You can find it at Whole Foods or Target. One of my favorite brands is L’Olivier.
- Olive Oil – Another important component when it comes to making your own vinaigrette. Make sure to use a high quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the best flavor.
- Sugar – A small spoonful of sugar adds that touch of sweetness to balance out the tartness in a raspberry vinaigrette. Honey or agave would be a nice substitute.
- Dijon Mustard – Note, I don’t like mustard. Not even remotely! I incorporate it into this dressing to balance the tang from the vinegar without having to use more olive oil, resulting in a skinny salad dressing!
How to Make Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- To mix, just combine ingredients and shake in a jar.
I love using this mason jar infuser because it also controls my pour.
How Many Calories Are in Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing?
One serving of this skinny raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing is only 131 calories!
You can always adapt based on your taste. The more vinegar you use, the tangier it will be, however, it will also significantly reduce your calories because you use less oil. I have found this to be my perfect blend.
How Long Does Homemade Vinaigrette Last?
This quick and easy vinaigrette will last in the fridge to up to 1 week. I like to store it in this mason jar infuser to have my dressing at the ready whenever the craving strikes!
If you try this Raspberry Vinaigrette recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too! For more easy recipes and simple living ideas, subscribe to my newsletter!
Skinny Raspberry Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or mixing bowl.
- Shake or whisk vigorously to combine.