Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette – a classic salad dressing, easy marinade for chicken and so much more! A blend of herbs and spices make it a fresh and flavorful, healthy balsamic vinaigrette recipe.
When I eat salad at home, I tend to keep it simple and limited to just a few ingredients for ease. I often have little more than cheese, nuts and fruit on hand, so I like salad dressings that pack a lot of flavor.
If I have fresh herbs, all the better! I have a tendency to use whatever I have on hand and pantry staples.
Bottled versions of balsamic vinaigrette tend to be thick and even a little too sweet. You just can’t beat fresh homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette and it is so easy to make.
Even better, there are just 120 calories per generous serving! This dressing is fresh, flavorful and so light! This balsamic dressing is Whole30 friendly and is Keto friendly.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients
- Olive Oil – I recommend getting a high quality olive oil. With a super simple recipe like this Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, every ingredient will shine!
- Balsamic Vinegar – Again, the better the quality of balsamic vinegar you can find, the better this dressing tastes. Authentic, traditional balsamic vinegar is made from grapes grown in Italy that have been fermenting for a minimum of 12 years! Imagine the flavor from that!
- Dijon Mustard with Seeds – A little dijon adds a lot of flavor. I like using one with the seeds for texture.
- Shallot – In the onion family, but more flavorful!
- Garlic – I purchase minced garlic in the produce section of our grocery store. It is just as flavorful and makes this dressing quick and easy.
- Salt and Pepper – Fresh cracked salt and pepper, to taste.
How To Make This Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Combine ingredients in a shakeable jar or food processor.
- Refrigerate for 30+ minutes to allow ingredients to marinate.
Variation to Make It A Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette
Do you prefer a creamy salad dressing to a classic vinaigrette? I know a lot of people do. With that in mind, it’s easy to turn this recipe into a creamier version (although it won’t be quite as light in calories, of course).
To make this balsamic vinaigrette recipe creamy, blend mayonnaise or plain greek yogurt into your dressing. You’ll need to match the amounts on the oil or vinegar – so try starting with 1/4 cup of yogurt or mayonnaise and add more as needed.
- This healthy balsamic vinaigrette recipe lasts up to a week when stored in an airtight container.
- Oil and vinegar may separate during storage so just give it a shake to get everything all mixed together again before using.
Balsamic Vinegar Dressing Salad Pairing Ideas
- This balsamic vinaigrette dressing perfectly compliments blue cheese, parmesan and even sharp cheddar.
- The balsamic flavor of this vinaigrette pairs well with apples, pears, peaches, and grapes as well.
- All leafy greens such as spinach, lettuce, and kale goes well this balsamic vinegar dressing.
Most of these take just 3 minutes to make!
- light ranch
- herb vinaigrette
- champagne vinaigrette
- honey dijon vinaigrette
- lemon vinaigrette
- poppyseed vinaigrette
- cilantro lime vinaigrette
- raspberry vinaigrette
- apple chipotle vinaigrette
- white wine vinaigrette
- Combine ingredients in a shakeable jar or food processor and refrigerate for 30+ minutes to allow ingredients to marinate.
- Use within the week.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.