Pull out all of the stops with this delicious Pomegranate Vinaigrette full of vibrant color and flavor. This vinaigrette will add a sweet and tart touch to your favorite salads and it’s perfect for holiday get-togethers!
Nothing makes me crave salads more than an amazing vinaigrette. Pomegranate vinaigrette dressing is fruity, tart, and peppery – everything a vinaigrette should be.
Drizzle it over your favorite greens topped with fresh fruit, flavorful cheese, and candied nuts for a memorable salad.
Pomegranates are also packed with antioxidants and believed to be anti-inflammatory. It has beautiful color, bright flavor tastes incredible when blended into dressing.
Fresh pomegranates are also perfect for holiday decorating in this Pomegranate Christmas Table Setting. You definitely need to try this Pomegranate Ornament Cheeseball that features pomegranates as a decoration and appetizer!
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love this Dressing
- Tangy and Sweet
- Quick and Easy to Make
- Full of Fresh Seasonal Flavor
- Brighten up any Salad
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Olive Oil – Use extra virgin olive oil for best flavor. You can also substitute with canola oil or vegetable oil.
- Red or White Wine Vinegar – Light-flavored vinegars work well in this dressing, without competing with the pomegranate flavor. Substitute with rice vinegar, if preferred.
- Pom Juice – Use 100% pomegranate juice with no added sweeteners for the best results.
- Dijon Mustard – Adds a sharp taste with a bit of spice to the dressing while helping to keep the vinegar and oil combined. Substitute with whole-grain mustard, but skip the yellow mustard.
- Honey – Naturally sweetens and gives the dressing a luxurious consistency.
- Flaky Salt – Thick flakes of sea salt enhance all of the flavors.
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper – A little bit of spice balances the sweetness of the dressing while adding texture and color.
- Add poppy seeds
- Make your own pomegranate juice.
How to Make Pomegranate Dressing in Just 2 Easy Steps
- Combine ingredients in a jar or bowl or blender container.
- Whisk, shake, or blend ingredients until combined.
- Whisk the ingredients while adding the olive oil to create a smooth, emulsified vinaigrette.
- Gently shake the pomegranate juice before adding it to the dressing to make sure that pulp that has settled at the bottom is incorporated throughout the juice.
Scaling up, down or substituting? You’ll love this printable Measurement Conversion Chart!
- Use bottled pomegranate juice.
- Mix ingredients in the same container you’ll be storing the dressing in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pom Wonderful is delicious and full of flavor. Any brand of pomegranate juice work, just make sure it is 100% pomegranate juice and doesn’t have any added sweeteners.
YEs! Separate the arils from the pomegranate skin. Blend the arils for a few seconds. Pour into a fine strainer held over a bowl. The juice will drain from the pulp into the bowl.
- Pomegranate Vinaigrette stores in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Let the vinaigrette sit at room temperature before serving so the olive oil can liquify again.
How to Store
- At Room Temperature – Keep at room temperature while serving, then store in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate – Store in the refrigerator, sealed, for up to 2 weeks. When cold, olive oil with solidify, so it will need to sit at room temperature until the oil liquifies. Then, mix the ingredients together before you serve it.
- Freeze – Store, covered, in the freezer for a couple of months. Let thaw in the fridge and then come to room temperature. You will need to mix the separated ingredients together before serving.
What to Do with Leftovers
- Use it as a Steak Marinade – It will add bold, tangy flavor without any effort!
- Make a Flavorful Chicken Wrap – Toss with chicken and greens.
- Add Seasonal Flavor to Shrimp – Use the vinaigrette instead.
- To Roast Vegetables – Brussel Sprouts, Roasted Baby Carrots, Roasted Cauliflower, Roasted Mushrooms – all of your favorites!
- Toss with Pasta Salad – It’s particularly amazing with orzo pasta salad!
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Hungry for more easy recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club and have amazing recipes delivered directly to your inbox each week!
More Easy and Delicious Salad Recipes
- Arugala Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Italian Salad
- Peach Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- Roasted Beet Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil substitute canola oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- pinch salt thick flakes preferred
- pinch ground black pepper thick flakes preferred
- Add ingredients into a bowl, jar, or blender.
- Whisk, shake, or blend on low speed until ingredients are well incorporated.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.