Eucalyptus garland adds timeless elegance to your home or event. Drape over a doorframe, mantle or down a table for effortless beauty during the holidays and beyond.
Eucalyptus garland is season-less. Adorn a mantel to make it feel festive for the holidays, add it to a table to create a beautiful centerpiece for weddings, showers and more! Integrate flowers, berries, dried fruits, and other greens to enhance.
Eucalyptus garlands are beautiful utilizing a single variety or multiple varieties like the faux eucalyptus garland shown above.
Types of Eucalyptus
Click through for our full guide to fresh and dried eucalyptus.
- Seeded Eucalyptus – One of my favorite varieties for garlands and floral arrangements! The seeds add color, texture and interest. This variety feels lush and drapes beautifully.
- Willow Eucalyptus – A soft, wispy eucalyptus with beautiful drape. It feels effortless, yet elegant.
- Silver Dollar Eucalyptus – Silver dollar is one of the most popular varieties. It has been used in floral arrangements and integrated into weddings for years. Large, round, silvery green leaves extend from stems.
- Gunni Eucalyptus – Gunni has elongated leaves, blending the shape of silver dollar and seeded eucalyptus leaves. It has a soft, neutral color.
- Baby Eucalyptus – Baby eucalyptus has a stiff appearance with leaves directly attached to it’s sturdy stem.
- True Blue Eucalyptus – This variety is similar to baby eucalyptus, with larger, silver dollar style leaves attached to the stems.
- Gumdrop Eucalyptus – Similar to silver dollar with smaller leaves and softer in color.
How to Keep Garlands Fresh
Florist tips to enjoy fresh garland all season.
Fresh Eucalyptus Garlands
Fresh eucalyptus is delightfully fragrant. It can be made from a single variety, multiple varieties or a blend of fresh greens and berries. This garland is a mix of seeded eucalyptus, olive bay and pepper berries!
- For longevity, purchase the freshest eucalyptus garland you can find. Look for moist, green leaves that don’t crunch and seeds that don’t part from the stem.
- Submerge garlands in water and anti-desiccant concentrate, soak and pat dry. (Alternatively, soak, pat dry and follow with anti-desiccant spray).
- Hang garland away from direct sunlight. Avoid close proximity to heat sources / vents.
- Spritz with water daily to maintain freshness.
Click the images below to shop!
Faux Eucalyptus Garland
Faux garland is maintenance free and can be used year after year. They look more realistic than ever!
Faux garlands can be used indoors or outside, regardless of the weather. They’re stress-free and maintenance free! You can hang them anywhere without fear of damage. Drape along a stairwell, over windows, doors, headboards, bunk beds, tables and mantels.
I have scoured stores to find the most realistic faux eucalyptus garlands so you don’t have to! We have and love these. To store, hang a nail on a storage room wall and hang from the loop of the garland.
For the most realistic faux garland, compare garland to a sprig of fresh eucalyptus available at most grocers.
Mixed Eucalyptus Garland
As seen over our blue Dutch door!
As seen on the bunks and deck stairs at our lake cottage.