I’m a big fan of dips. Have you noticed? They’re a crowd pleaser and often fairly quick to prepare. One of my favorite cheese dip recipes is the Ina Garten’s Baked Fontina that she shared on her show, Barefoot Contessa. With only 5 minutes hands on time, this recipe tastes anything but last minute. Fresh ingredients yield a flavorful dip that goes straight from oven to table. Unless there are more than 4 of us, I cut this recipe in half. Are you ready?
Start with fresh ingredients. The freshest ingredients offer fullest flavors.
Easy Garlic Cheese Bake
- 1.5 pounds fontina
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme off the stem
- 2 sprigs rosemary off the stem
- cracked salt
- cracked pepper
- Preheat broiler & place rack 5" from the top.
- Remove the rind & cube fontina. Place in your baking dish.
- Pour oil over fontina. Add remaining ingredients.
- Broil 6 minutes, watching closely until it bubbles.
Click on the photo below for the easy to pin strip.